Plane 3.9.1beta release

This is a the first beta for the 3.9.1 release, which is a minor update over 3.9.0. This release includes the following changes:

• improved DShot and BLHeli-passthrough support, fixing errors reported by BLHeli32 ESCs and making using BLHeliSuite32 much more reliable
  • new tonealarm system, bringing the tones produced under ChibiOS and Linux HALs in line with tones produced under the HAL_PX4 HAL.
  • added a new LED driver for the NCP5623 LED
  • fixed delay caused by parameter writes in AP_Stats
  • fixed default RSSI input pin on some boards
  • fixed the incorrect display of “no io thread heartbeat” message
  • fixed microSD support on some boards due to running out of DMA capable memory

Given the changes are quite small, I hope to make this a fairly short beta cycle. Please test it and report both success and failure.

Happy flying!

1 Like

Nice Tridge, thank’s. Bheli32 changes are for everyone or only Chibios? I have a new vtol build with bheli32 waiting to take off soon.

Hi Tridge
Awesome work with the new version, blheli pass-through updates are especially welcome.
I am having some trouble with getting the DO_VTOL_TRANSITION way-points to work properly though, when I program a transition from fixed wing to mc, the aircraft does a very aggressive stop before hovering back towards the previous way point.
Tlog here so you can see exactly what I mean https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_uyg_347tCGKlTB_gRE7Kr-EBryIWBa/view?usp=sharing

more tailsitter stuff for you

Awesome job as usuall Tridge

In 3.9.1 beta, disarm made full throttle !
On Chibios on Omnibus F4 pro v3 + Dshot 600 blheli S (Racerstar v2 40A) and bidirectionnal motor enable.

Log available here with full thr when disarm
00000002.BIN.zip (550.1 KB)

Ok found ! Arming require to 2 solve the problem. Forgot to adjust rc3 min and trim properly but reverse thrust was rewrite ? Ch3 percent output looks different !
Reverse -100 to 0 = 0 to 50%
Normal 0 to 100 = 50 to 100%

Edit : solved wrong params

I’ve now released 3.9.1beta2. This is a the second beta for the 3.9.1 release, which is a minor update over 3.9.0. This release includes the following changes:

• increased default buffer sizes in dataflash for some boards

• fixed a bug with small dataflash buffers

• updated OSD with new items: hdop, temperature, waypoint, xtrack, flight distance, flighttime, efficiency (thanks to Hwurzburg, vierfuffzig and sh83).

• reduced memory usage in serial buffers

• adjusted some default parameters to give a better first flight experience for more users.

The default parameter changes are:

• RLL2SRV_P from 0.6 to 1.0
  • RLL2SRV_I from 0.1 to 0.3
  • RLL2SRV_D from 0.02 to 0.08
  • PTCH2SRV_P from 0.6 to 1.0
  • PTCH2SRV_I from 0.1 to 0.3
  • PTCH2SRV_D from 0.02 to 0.08
  • TECS_PITCH_MAX from 0 to 15
  • NAVL1_PERIOD from 20 to 17

The PID parameter changes won’t affect anyone who has done some tuning, but will make the first flight experience for a new user be alot better for nearly all aircraft. Paul and I decided on the values based on experience with users flight logs, plus the experience users have had with AUTOTUNE mode.

Please report testing results!

Happy flying

5 Likes

Cannot arm in 3.9b2 because the Bad Logging error.
Omnibus F4 PRO V3
Terrain Disabled.
LOG_BACKEND_TYPE=1
LOG_BITMASK =65535
LOG_FILE_BUFSIZE=4
Reformat SD with 2 passes

Can ignore logging in arming check and fly it?

QStabilze/Hover/Tranistions and FBWA works well on the tricopter vectored VTOL

Regards Rolf

Rolf, do you have better control in LOITER?

I think you mean QLOITER ?
QSTABILIZE and QHOVER works well. I can test QLOITER this afternoon (UTC-TIME).

Sorry , I wanted to say QLOITER

“It is the new loiter controller from Leonard, inherited from the copter code. It does a better job of smoothing out transitions, as well as providing better pilot control in QLOITER mode.”

Was this a problem in the first beta?

QLOITER with 3.8.5 does it perfectly. But this week I will install 3.9.1 and try again to see differences and I will also comment.

Regards
Atico

Stable “Q_Loiter” with this beta…

2 Likes

What is this new bar on HUD? FC temp?

hud

FW 3.9.1 beta2 CHIBIOS >>> transitions & Qloiter OK

Hey @tridge I dropped 3.9.1 beta2 on a pixhawk1 last night and noticed it overwrote my PIDs to the new defaults from what they were before. I thought this was only supposed to happen when it was a fresh install? Did I misunderstand?

edit: Disregard, it looks like my PIDs got reset to default sometime ago. I wonder if this happened during 3.9.0 beta testing. I have no way to verify because logs prior to that got wiped, so, let’s just not worry about it.