Plane 3.9.0beta4 released

is there any info online on the schematic differences between the v2 and v3 ?

Can’t tell from photo, but is the 3 pad input selector bridged to Sbus or other pad? Not sure if that would cause no signal to board. On my f4prov3 I bridged to other pad, due to Uart6 matter.

The difference between v2 and v3, only one jumper about ppm or sbus, my v3 factory has jumper set to sbus mode, and it works fine on iNAV 1.9.0!

Set this to PPM for Ardupilot. The firmware should determine its sbus connected and accept that just fine.

Thank you very much, I will try, I will reply with news!

this is v3:

this is v2:

Quadplane (Mini Talon) with 3.9.0beta5 ChiBios on pixhawk 1 today performed second flight with this fimrware. QSTABILIZE, QHOVER, QLOITER, FBWA, AUTOTUNE, MANUAL and AUTO-Track workes perfect. Thanks to Tridge and the other developers.

Rolf

3.9.0beta5 ChiBios on radiolink mini-pix not getting rxrssi value in beta 5, just shows value of 0.

What type of RX are you using? What sort of RSSI does it provide? (analog? pwm?)
Cheers, Tridge

Sorry, L9R analog… it works on 3.8.5 and didn’t on 3.9.0beta5, I went back to 3.8.5 and still works then tried 3.9.0beta5 again and still 0.

What was the “fixed compass detection on pixracer” problem?

I use external compasses with Arduplane 3.8.5 and Pixracers and am curious.

Thanks,

Paul

thanks for contributing, you’re a legend, dude!

It was broken in the previous betas due to a change in the way we handled i2c internal/external bus masks.
Cheers, Tridge

Ok, brilliant. It has worked well for me. Thanks for all your work Tridge. Paul

This flight control is very small.

not sure if related, but i’ll ask, what OSD are we talking about minimOSD? or is there anything newer?

@Guy_Tzoler support for FCs with onboard MAX7456-type OSD chipsets has recently been added:
http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-osd-overview.html

cheers, basti.

I’ve just released 3.9.0beta6. I hope this will be the final beta.

Changes in this release are:

• added Q_TAILSIT_THSCMX parameter for tailsitters (thanks to IamPete)
  • added KakuteF7 bootloader
  • fixed arming error with trim on unusued RC channels
  • fixed microSD support on KakureF7 and OmnibusF7V2 (thanks sh83)
  • fixed VL53L0X rangefinder driver
  • added Pixhawk1 ChibiOS build
  • fixed update rate for servos in tailsitters
  • set COMPASS_AUTO_ROT to 2 for most boards
  • improved OmnibusF7V2 support
  • support all external compasses on mini-pix
  • clear COMPASS_DEV_ID for unused compasses

Happy flying!

3 Likes

@tridge, camera triggering via digital relay is NOT working in 3.9.0beta6 ChibiOS. It is working, however, in 3.8.5 nuttx. I’m using Aux1 on a cube. https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/9090

@Naterater as we discussed, this was caused by BRD_PWM_COUNT being set incorrectly. A bug in 3.8.5 allowed the cam trigger to work even when it was setup as a PWM output

2 Likes