Pixhawk Green Cube

Previously I tried to update my Solo with the Green Cube…and failed miserably.i obviously didn’t follow directions, but have I messed up the cube or can I just flash the SD Card image onto another SD card and use it again.

Thanks
Steve obrien

The SD card has nothing to do with it. You’ve been asked on numerous occasions in the Solo forums and facebook groups to provide some information about the state it is currently in, and you refused to answer the people trying to help you. You have ignored everyone trying to help you, not answered any questions, ignored the advice of others, and just done other things instead. Doing the same thing here is not going to yield a different result. And going on the insulting rants you were going on here won’t help either so I suggest not going down that road. That will get shut down here long before it would on any other forum.

I suggest going back to the beta test group on facebook, clearly describing the state that it is in, what it does, and what you have done. If you’re not going to do that, and you’re not going to follow anyone’s advice, you might as well just sell it to someone who will.

Are there any forums that your not on.I never once asked your advice.if you
can’t use these forums the way they are supposed to work…helping people
rather than putting them down…then maybe you shouldn’t be replying at
all.ive apologized for the comment I made…so grow up and answer people’s
questions or don’t bother.
I was just asking a simple question…wow.

Steve, More details about what you did, what it is doing and perhaps what you’re trying to accomplish is what is being asked for. Can you please provide that?

[quote=“Obrien50, post:3, topic:22500, full:true”]
Are there any forums that your not on.I never once asked your advice.if you
can’t use these forums the way they are supposed to work…helping people
rather than putting them down…then maybe you shouldn’t be replying at
all.ive apologized for the comment I made…so grow up and answer people’s
questions or don’t bother.[/quote]
Anyone is welcome to search on your username at 3DR Pilots and the facebook beta test group to see that everything you just said is an outright lie and has never happened. Although I see you deleted the posts where you went on wild name-calling rants. I and numerous others have been trying to help you for a month and you have been ignoring everything we’ve suggested. I or someone will give you some advice or ask a question. You don’t answer, start a new thread about something else, and act surprised it still doesn’t work. Despite that, people keep trying to help you. Even me. And despite you posting crazy lies like this, I for some reason still try too.

Which I answered. Again. For at least the 5th or 6th time. And I’ll answer it again. The SD card has nothing to do with it… I suggest going back to the beta test group on facebook, clearly describing the state that it is in, what it does, and what you have done.

LOL. Welcome to my struggle. :sunglasses:

I first of all tried to update my Solo with the Green cube…following online instructions with what seemed to me at the time, the most up to date instructions…but that didn’t seem to be the case as I found out later.I first uploaded the reqired files from Solex and downloaded Open Solo to both the controller and Solo, and re-set…and that worked. Next, I downloaded the firmware and parameters…but because I either didn’t have the correct updated documentation or I didn’t follow dirrections…it doesn’t really matter at this point…I found out after the fact that I not only did them in the wrong order or I didn’t allow enough time for it to update correctly…anyway…the update didn’t work and I could get the controller and solo to pair…all I would get is three beeps when I pushed start after what looked like a successful open solo start up screen. Not knowing what to do…and when I couldn’t get any helpful answers to my questions on several forums…i read that Flashing the SD card on the Carrier board, re-installing the original pixhawk cube and doing a factory re-set, so i tried that and it seemed to work…untill I got solo in the air and all it will do is fly in a tight circle.
I know it’s not the end of the world if I can’t recover this particular solo…because you can go out and buy another one for less than $300.00…but that’s not the point. All I’m trying to accomplish now is to find a way to fix this problem…if it can be fixed.
Thanks for your help.Steve

The pixhawk is likely stuck in bootloader with incompatible firmware. The lights in the base of the pixhawk will be blinking orange constantly. The controller and app will never show a connection in this state, but they are actually paired and working. In such a case, you will need to hook up to the pixhawk by USB and use Mission Planner to load compatible firmware directly. Sometimes this requires the IMX to be disconnected from the carrier board too since it has a USB link that interferes under some circumstances.

Basic instructions for loading FW with Mission Planner can be found here: Loading Firmware — Copter documentation. You’l lwant to use the Copter quad 3.5.3 button for firmware. If it won’t load, you will need to unscrew the IMX so it is physically disconnected from the board. But try loading the FW first since you don’t always need to.

Once that is all done, the pixhawk will boot normally. Reconnect the IMX if you had to disconnect it. Boot everything up and see if the controller and Solo will reconnect. They probably will without even having to do anything. But you may need to hit the pair button under the solo.

At this point, you will need to pickup at step 9 of the Green Cube instructions (documentation/green_cube_install.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub)

All the people who have been trying to help you for weeks would appreciate if you stop posting total lies like this.