Pixhawk EKF is Red, LED Double flashing yellow

@MrLaggy i am facing same problem. EKF is RED. Did you solved your problem???

as anon67614380 said it because of high HDOP it will go away when HDOP below 1.5.
you need more than 7 satellite.
and note that flying in loiter with lower than 12 satellite is not good and dangerous.

here 7-12 satellite. EKF always red. How i will recover the problem. :black_flag:

its better to see logs from your fc
set these parameters :
LOG_DISARMED=1
LOG_REPLAY=1
and turn on your fc and arm motors but not fly then send log file for a better analysis

Thanks @hosein_gh i got it

But i am facing another problem. My copter will be fly always in indoor. i have used range finder for indoor fly. When EKF signal is RED then can not get value from range finder sensor (i mean altitude value fracture or use barometer). When EKF signal is good then work and get value from range finder sensor. As my drone will fly always in indoor. So there are bad gps signal. So how i will overcome the issue. Help me.

@borhanreo
When you fly in door you will not get an low HDOP

You can disable GPS in prearm checks

But never use Loiter , rtl , srtl or auto mode because they need gps 3D lock and low HDOP

@hosein_gh thanks, i am sorry for late replay. My mission planner version show armin%20check

I have unchecked the All tab. But same result EKF signal is RED altitude source used barometer not rangefinder. i want use range finder always.

Hi
Its hard to help without logs
Please set LOG_DISARMED=1 and send log to find problem

My Log

I want use always my rangefinder not barometer.

EKF is red because of high HDOP when you fly indoor or not using auto mode you can ignore this.

about rangefinder did you read this link

acorading to wiki downward facing lidar are used in flight modes which have height control
you can try althold mode indoor to use rangefinder

Thank @hosein_gh for you quick replay I read that link. My Rangefinder (Maxbotix analog) work properly and get sonar value. i think there are no problem. Problem is that When EKF red then pixhawk read from barometer. When EKF is white then pixhawk read from maxbotix and working well. You know my copter always fly in indoor. so there are high HDOP in indoor. as a result EKF always RED and use barometer sensor for altitude.

try to disable gps and remove gps from FC

• Disable GPS in non-auto modes - set AHRS_GPS_USE to 0
  • Disable GPS_FAILSAFE

also do this :

I did AHRS_GPS_USE to 0 and did not found GPS_FAILSAFE. Even i disconnected all of GPS wire connection from FC. Now i got EKF status is white. But there are raise an another issue. FC did not use altitude value from range finder. It FC also used barometer.

What is flight mode?
Test with althold mode

I did not fly copter. just power on FC then i saw. I wan to use guided_noGPS mode

i’m not sure (must look at source code) but i think after take off it will use range finder

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies and help. I had forgotten about this because I have not flown in awhile. @anon67614380 and @hosein_gh your solutions were correct. Thank you very much.

I have a similar issue. Can’t have quadcopter return to launch due to red EKF. How do I make this go away? Please help

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/147r7suauNL9T9cXYHaPp8Ak0gshGdFHh?usp=sharing

Here’s my log data. Please help me someone.