Pixhawk 2.1 Orange Cube: "Compass not calibrated" even though it is

Hi All,

I am out of ideas. I am trying to setup a Pixhawk 2.1 (Orange Cube) with the Here3 GPS (CAN). I have been able to successfully calibrate Compass2 (the Here3) but when I reboot I still get “Compass not calibrated”. I think the issue may be due to Compass1 (internal), which I cannot calibrate because of interference from wires etc. I have no interest in using Compass1 though and have tried disabling it but I still get the “Compass not calibrated” warning.

Here is a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4egc7aw2dgikd0/log_11_2020-10-1-19-15-28.bin?dl=1

Is there anything I can do to trick the system into thinking a compass calibration was completed on Compass1. I tried inputing random values into the offsets, but that didn’t help either.

Anyone encounter a similar issue before?

Set BRD_BOOT_DELAY,5000 to allow CAN devices to boot up first.
Update to Arducopter 4.0.4
You’ve still got COMPASS_USE2,1 but recheck everything after updating and setting the boot delay. There’s fixes for the compass ordering, try it out in MissionPlanner.

Yea I have seen the updates in 4.0.4, I really need to get it working on 4.0.3 as I have a modified version of it I need to use. I will try the BRD_BOOT_DELAY but I am skeptical that will help since the Here3 seems to boot up and function/communicate properly.

Tried BRD_BOOT_DELAY=5000. Now it won’t detected the Here3 at all.

There are a few compass ordering fixes starting with 4.04Rc2 with more fixes to Rc4. You haven’t selected the best version to base your version on.

1 Like

git rebase is your friend. :slight_smile: