Pix hawk 2.4.8 2022 revisit and the puzzle put together

hi , though late i picked the pixhawk 2.4.8 for a new build am about to start , i bought one a couple of years ago and just test flew it on a quad indoor and left it until recently( i didnt even flash any firmware i kept it with what the vendor loaded) ,i bought another one as a reserve a month ago.
now i started the home work getting into details of the board and spent several weeks so far with still some un pleasurable gaps related to understanding fully some basics related to the board!! this thread will be helpful hopefully to me all new arrivers to the pixhawk 2.4.8.

first to acknowledge the 2.4.8 is an unofficial update of the pix hawk 2.4.6 , the latter being discontinued both can be referred the pixhawk 1 . now here comes the first unsolved questions to me.
for pixhawk 2.4.6 we use exclusively fw pix1-1m ,but for pixhawk 2.4.8 i concluded that we should use the pix1 firmware but i read that pixhawk 2.4.8 has fmuv2(as a hardware in it ??) so why cannt we chose fmuv2 firmware to be flashed to the pix 2.4.8???
to get more lost i read that some pix 2.4.8 support fmuv3 so also what is the fmuv3 firmware for??
what is the consequence of loading it into the pixhawk 2.4.8??
finally does those same notes concerning the recommended fw for the pixhawk 2.4.8 apply inmission planner and qground in the same manner??

Not so. It’s not an update to the 2.4.6. In fact it’s a cost reduced regression with some components removed. The last batch of 2.4.6’s had 2mb flash and the product continued with the Mro version also.

hi friend its helpful to see u here too :grinning: when u have time can u please explain the differences of fmu v2 boards vs fmuv3 vs pix 1 firmware versions we load from mission planner, and when to use which one… u previously answered that pixhawk 2.4.8 should use the pix1 firmware but no details on this is found any where, and by the way is the pix1 firmware loaded to a pixhawk 2.4.8 a fully featured firmware or does it contain any limitations as the old 2.4.6 boards?