PID parameter for the Penguin B airframe

Hi,

We are putting together an prototype UAV similar to the UAV Factory´s Penguin B airframe were we plan to initially use the APM autopilot. In order to get us going a bit faster I have some questions if someone has any earlier experience with the APM autopilot in an Penguin B airframe. I guess what I´, looking for is if there are already some initial PID parameter that we can start of the autopilot tuning with?

Hope for some answers regarding this !!

/Unmanned Anders

That’s a big airframe you would be much better off tuning it step by step. Other folks PIDs would be for different speed servos and control horn setups so probably of little use.

As Gary suggests, start with the defaults, takeoff in manual, then tune in the air following the tuning guide.
You may find the posting I did on techpod tuning useful.
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tridge”]As Gary suggests, start with the defaults, takeoff in manual, then tune in the air following the tuning guide.
You may find the posting I did on techpod tuning useful.
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]

Hi Gary and Tridge,

Thanks for your answers. My intensions are just like yours Tridge to get some rough estimates on the PID parameters to start of the tuning with. Your experience from the TechPod indeed helps.

Cheers Anders Be,