Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

i realise that… :wink: i didnt know that you could set it up this way…
I shall try it now …

haha, if you check older messages you’ll se that both @vierfuffzig and @andyp1per use it

Ok so yeah i see it trying to connect but its not great lol… :wink: i’m on latest XF beta FW, when it works it will be very useful but for now i’m happy with the your App on the radio, :slight_smile:
As i’m typing its still trying to get params…

…it will never download any params for it’s one way only :frowning:

Well, i’m happy that its working as i never used MP over wireless much anyway… Doing the maps now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added builds for latest test version 0.10

This requires Yaapu Lua Scripts >= 1.9.1 downloads:

should i try this one maybe it now works on my Taranis x9d+

bro tried everything, even this new ardupilot fw still no result, although all the sensors were found 23 to be exact, i can even set a basic telemetry page with all data but Yaapu is not working, most of the times it says No Telemetry , sometimes out of a 20 reboots it shows rssi in top of the screen and the No Telemetry blinking msg changes to Disarmed but even at that time its not showing any data like battery voltage gps coordinates etc and the horizon also never moved for me even once, i have no mavlink its crsf on tx and rx, i even turned off mavlink inside the TBS crossfire, in the Yaapu debug i can see msgs of being in rfmd mode 2 with 146hz sometimes 153hz speed in mode 2, it even gives that warning sound for bad gps etc and i can see it in Yaapu at the bottom of the script and also in the debug, even rewired everything updated opentx to latest and tbs is already 4.0.8
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL = 23
RC_OPTIONS = 32+256 = 288
BRD_ALT_CONFIG = 0
rx connected to UART1 from Ch1 and Ch2 of the micro v2 rx
what do you suggest should i give up or keep trying?

Alex, Did you suceed to reproduice the issue in wifi STA mode ?

anyway, my intend was to have a mavlink stream available as a backup link for my groundstation.

In order to increase available bandwidth for mavlink, it would be great to be able to set the max passthrought update frequency on ardupilot, using for instance a param “RCTELEM_PASSTHROUGHT_MAX_RATE” like the SR1_XXXXX param.

Never give up:-)
it must be something trivial since up to now you’re the only one who can’t get it to work.

Download mavproxy, we need console output, flash this debug version for MatekF405-Wing
arduplane_crsf_debug_matekf405-wing.zip (644.5 KB)

Run “mavproxy.exe --master [your comport]” where comport is your windows serial port connected to the matek board.

output will be like

APM: CRSF: RF mode 1, rate is 160Hz
CRSF: multi passthrough
APM: ArduPlane V4.1.0dev (62ce1aa9)
APM: ChibiOS: 331fe75d
APM: MatekF405-Win 00470043 304B5013 2036334
APM: RCOut: PWM:1-10
APM: IMU0: fast sampling enabled 8.0kHz/1.0kHz
CRSF: text passthrough
Received 1317 parameters (ftp)
Saved 1317 parameters to mav.parm
Flight battery 100 percent
CRSF: single passthrough
APM: CRSF: RF mode 2, rate is 159Hz

copy this debug script Yaapu CRSF Debug.zip (1.3 KB) to /SCRIPTS/TOOLS/Yaapu CRSF Debug.lua, and run it with long press [MENU], browse to tools page and execute it, it will create a log file and show which packets you are receiving and log them to file

Edit: these are my params (bench board, no tuning) RX is connected to matekf405-Wing serial1 matekf405-wing_crsf.parm.zip (6.7 KB)

Yes, and works fine as long as I disconnect TBS Agent, WiFi alone does not trigger the issue on my setup either AP or STA, not sure what’s different.

I won’t be adding parameters for shaping the rates, it already is quite complex handling RF mode 1, 2, tracer, parameters, all while ensuring CRSF legacy telemetry is still delivered.
This is the way I’d like it to be merged in master right now, it’s tested and working quite well, once it’s in I’ll consider adding new features

1 Like

Fantastic, I have it successfully working, simultaneous telemetry to the Taranis yaapu screen as well as Mavlink over bluetooth to a Mac laptop running QGroundControl. Huge thanks to yaapu for your work on this. It definitely took a fair amount of troubleshooting, but 80% of that can be chalked up to my novice status on these matters. I think moving the CRSF from serial6 to serial1 on the Kakute F7 was key, though I fixed so many other things that I had incorrectly setup that I can’t be sure (and at this point I don’t feel like moving it back to serial6 just to double-check). Again, thank you so much! Looking forward to this being standard soon.

sorry for the delayed reply, bad internet living in wilderness.
i followed the directions and got the .tlog file hope this will help resolve this issue for memav.tlog (279.4 KB)

Edit: btw this is a new build and the esc is not attached to the motor yet i hope this has nothing to do with any of this

Hi, I don’t need the mav.tlog sorry, should have made it clear, I need the file produced by my debug script on your radio sdcard in /LOGS/

and the mavproxy window text capture which should be similar to

APM: CRSF: RF mode 1, rate is 160Hz
CRSF: multi passthrough
APM: MatekF405-Win 00470043 304B5013 2036334
Received 1317 parameters (ftp)
Saved 1317 parameters to mav.parm
APM: CRSF: RF mode 2, rate is 159Hz

hope it’s clear now :slight_smile:

Happy to report that custom CRSF telemetry has been merged into master :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who contributed!

Alex

3 Likes

ok got the log and the mavproxy text capture, i hope this helps to resolve the problem.

Auto-detected serial ports are:
COM4 : ArduPilot (COM4) : USB VID:PID=1209:5741 SER=2000400013504D4259343420 LOCATION=1-1
Connecting to COM4 : ArduPilot (COM4) : USB VID:PID=1209:5741 SER=2000400013504D4259343420 LOCATION=1-1
Connect COM4 source_system=255
Running script (C:\Users\jogezai\AppData\Local.mavproxy\mavinit.scr)
Running script C:\Users\jogezai\AppData\Local.mavproxy\mavinit.scr
-> set moddebug 2
-> module load help
Loaded module help
Unknown command ‘graph timespan 30’
Log Directory:
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from COM4
APM: EKF3 IMU0 buffs IMU=19 OBS=7 OF=17 EN:17 dt=0.0200
online system 1
ARMED
Mode MANUAL
Arming checks disabled
APM: CRSF: RF mode 2, rate is 120Hz
APM: CRSF: RF mode 2, rate is 149Hz

APM: GPS 1: detected as u-blox at 230400 baud
APM: CRSF: RF mode 1, rate is 156Hz
APM: CRSF: RF mode 2, rate is 155Hz

APM: MatekF405-Win 00400020 424D5013 2034345

Received 1433 parameters (ftp)
Saved 1433 parameters to mav.parm
Failed to create log directory /APM/LOGS : ENOSPC
arwing-20210121_110330-plog.zip (248 Bytes)

ok, this proves that there’s no custom telemetry received by the radio but that it is being sent all right from the FC, mhmm

Many thanks to you and to all who contributed this!

Now it would be wonderful if someone could make a short howto page in the Ardupilot documentation. Me, and I think maybe others, got are a little bit lost during the development process here in this thread.

Thanks a lot!

hmm i thought so as well something was off because all settings wiring seems good…
so what do you suggest now?

@yaapu congrats for your PR being merged, thanks a lot for all your work on this again, same to @andyp1per of course.

i’ve been on hold with crsf stuff for a while, had to replace my TX’es broken ESP-12S wifi module plus needed a while to recover from the holidays’ alimentary excesses and get back to working temperature…

just flashed current CRSF 4.08 fwares, 1.9.3 scripts and fresh ardupilot master to find everything crsf / passthrough from your code working like a charm. i still see some residual crsf firmware issues and it seems like passthrough performance still varies depending on what actual UART is used for RCIN, i haven’t seen any serious performance dips anymore like i had in previous versions.

keep up your great work,

basti.