Original iris transmitter update?

One of the features in the iris+ is that you can see the telemetry data right in the transmitter, so i was wondering if there is any way to upgrade the original iris transmitter to have this feature, i started to look in google and found this page:

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … y/?lang=en

But it doesn’t say anything about the iris transmitter. do i have to mod it or update the firmware?

May somebody help me please

Short answer is yes.

Here is 3DR’s video on the upgrade at the moment they discuss the TX http://youtu.be/qVMf4nPWE7E?t=18m10s

And then check the links in the description for additional info.

ToddH

but it doesn’t say noting about updating the transmitter, just tu putt some stickers, even in the comments someone is asking for the same.

I understand the tx for the iris+ is flashed with opentx, but I do not know how they get telemetry working. There are some mods on the internet on how to do it.

It’s not as simple as plug in a wire otherwise 3DR would have made part of the upgrade kit.

Data from the Telem2 port is converted by a device that converts the Mavlink data into a format that the receiver understands that is transmitted back to the radio. The radio needs some firmware to know what to do with that data to display it on the radio screen.

Mike

Upgrading the tx involves reprogramming the tx and that involves some very delicate soldering.

Been searching, and this is the closest topic to my question. I recently re-set my “NEW” Iris+ radio using this info: http://3drobotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Controller-Reset-Procedure.pdf
Everything is working except I get no readings on my radio, sats, voltage, etc. etc. All say “0” The 3dr telementary radios are working, I can link up with Mission Planner or Droid planner on my tablet. Just no readings on my TH9X ??? :confused:

its handled by Frsky data formats NOT MAVlink for this functionality to the IRIS+ xmitter

kcrcw.blogspot.com/2013/04/flysk … metry.html is a text page on the mods and boards needed…

youtube.com/watch?v=MOiKSfD8f6c shows the procedure of making the conversion.

I assume there is a stock model variant with this functionality as OEM that 3DR is buying…

hzl

VERY interesting, indeed! So what you’re saying, is that there is no way a stock FlySky TH9X radio can be made to “duplicate” the version that comes with an Iris+, without internal modifications ??? :question: