Only USB not working suddenly, otherwise good

Hi!

I know there’s lots of similar topics, but the instructions on them haven’t helped in my case.

My Pixhawk has been working perfectly for months, but now suddenly the USB connection gives power but cannot connect and get heartbeat. Even firmware updating just says “No connection”. The interesting thing in my case is, that the Pixhawk works perfectly otherwise, and even telemetry connection works and shows “everything normal” in Mission Planner. So I could fly it, all the lights are normal etc. Except I’m not sure if it’s normal that the B/E light is off. Also the FC gets quite hot if powered by battery, and I don’t remember noticing such hotness before.

Last things I remember doing before this problem is updating the firmware to 3.2.1 and powering the FC from 5V RasPi power module. I have tried pretty much everything, detaching GPS etc, using powered USB, using battery power & usb, tested that the cable works with mobile phone, tried different SD card, powered it with safety switch on etcetc…

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it, or should I just assume the USB is bricked?

Thanks a lot,
Lassi

I would try different USB cable. Even if it charges phone it may have an issue transferring data. Check for bent pin connectors?

[quote=“Antiec”]Hi!

I know there’s lots of similar topics, but the instructions on them haven’t helped in my case.

My Pixhawk has been working perfectly for months, but now suddenly the USB connection gives power but cannot connect and get heartbeat. Even firmware updating just says “No connection”. The interesting thing in my case is, that the Pixhawk works perfectly otherwise, and even telemetry connection works and shows “everything normal” in Mission Planner. So I could fly it, all the lights are normal etc. Except I’m not sure if it’s normal that the B/E light is off. Also the FC gets quite hot if powered by battery, and I don’t remember noticing such hotness before.

Last things I remember doing before this problem is updating the firmware to 3.2.1 and powering the FC from 5V RasPi power module. I have tried pretty much everything, detaching GPS etc, using powered USB, using battery power & usb, tested that the cable works with mobile phone, tried different SD card, powered it with safety switch on etcetc…

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it, or should I just assume the USB is bricked?

Thanks a lot,
Lassi[/quote]

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried other cables too, and everything looked normal.

I don’t know if it is connected to this problem, but now the board is completely dead and it doesn’t even get any power through usb or power module. It does get some power from the receiver tho, which I find a bit weird. Mainly the IO side leds are working. I have to admit I opened the box to debug the USB thing. It worked nicely after the first opening (closed by just one screw), but as far as I know it didn’t work anymore after I finally closed it attaching all the screws. Most likely a static shock or similar. Or maybe something else was faulty.

I wonder, should I somehow close or delete this post, as it doesn’t matter anymore?