Oneshot125/42 blhelis

I saw on the Chibois Gitter Chanel some chatter about fixing that!!

I think I wrote about motor out, meanwhile it was rc out. And despite the oneshot 125 setting, I received a range of 1200-1600. I’ll be home tomorrow and check all my doubts. Thank you for the time. I can repay you someday - I know digital and analog hadware perfectly.

Happy to help. I always learn things from troubleshooting and enjoy it.

If I’m ever in Poland again I’ll look you up :grinning:

I invite you, I live in Warsaw

I was in Wroclaw and Legnica.

I do get the rpm data from the ESCs. You don’t need dshot for that

Also because I have a cube on this craft I only have 6 available outputs that support dshot so I am forced to use one shot from the main outputs

F765-Wing has 12 outputs and no IOMCU!

That’s cool. My CUAV v5 nano has dshot on all outputs but I like the redundant sensors and internal imu dampning of the CUAV V5+ cube that I use

Yes, I would do the same. Flying a big Octo with a $65 Flight Controller just doesn’t seem right…

1 Like

I am a service engineer and I repair laboratory analyzers. I drive 80 thousand km a year and I know all the beautiful Poland. Of course, flying with my different models comes into play. Regards

I was just flying my octo today with all the dynamic harmonic based filtering using rpms today. Works amazing

Know that betaflight works with 4-8khz pid loops with rpm also reported for these frequencies. RPM cuts absolutely everything for controllers with poor anti-vibration damping …

but it doesn’t offer althold, pozhold, loiter, auto … and also supports blhot dshot …

and they have a pidanalyzer which is missing in ac, because att is not much …

Can anyone that’s running DShot share a log please !?

I can’t get a valid DShot signal from the FMU in any of my FCs. They all default to PWM, and the BlHeli_32 ESCs run happily with PWM.

I have Dshot 300 and 600 working perfectly.

What is your flight controller?

If you are using a cube or a FC with an IO coprocessor you can only get dshot from the AUX1-6 ports

I assume you have set the proper protocol type?

MOT_PWM_TYPE: Output PWM type

Note: This parameter is for advanced users

This selects the output PWM type, allowing for normal PWM continuous output, OneShot, brushed or DShot motor output

Values RebootRequired
Value Meaning

0 Normal
1 OneShot
2 OneShot125
3 Brushed
4 DShot150
5 DShot300
6 DShot600
7 DShot1200

1 Like

How are you making the determination that Dshot is not being used?

1 Like

I’ve seen this type of support call a couple of times so I’ve raised an issue for the wiki to clarify how users can test that OneShot and/or Dshot are working.

We also don’t have a wiki page for the OneShot setup. Do people think we need that?

This is our wiki page for DShot and BLHeli telemetry.

3 Likes

When logs show plain PWM, it’s plain PWM. That’s why I’m asking for logs.

Then there’s the APD ESCs, that don’t accept anything less then DShot300. And I haven’t been able to start one.