Octa I Frame Motor Order

Hello,

I would like to use an octa frame type “I”. I would like to arrange the frame with four motors in the front of the frame and four motors in the back like:
M1--------M2--------M3--------M4
^
|
|
|
M5--------M6--------M7--------M8

My questions are:

1. I see the code in AP_MotorsMatrix.cpp
    case MOTOR_FRAME_TYPE_I:
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_1, 0.333f, -1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 1);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_2, -0.333f, 1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 5);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_3, 1.0f, -1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 2);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_4, 0.333f, 1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 4);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_5, -0.333f, -1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 8);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_6, -1.0f, 1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 6);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_7, -1.0f, -1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 7);
    add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_8, 1.0f, 1.0f, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 3);
    break;
    This frame type is supported, correct? And would I use number 15 for the parameter setting?

2. What number (on a Cube/Pixhawk 2.1) would I connect each motor to on the “Main Output” so that they are connected correctly? Or another way of asking - is there a diagram like the Octa H (https://ardupilot.org/copter/_images/motororder-octo-h-2d.png) for the I frame type?

THANKS!

My attempt at a diagram did not post/format correctly.

The motors would be at the front and back
(front)
M1--------M2--------M3--------M4

middle frame

M5--------M6--------M7--------M8
(back)

Thanks

You can try this :roll_eyes::thinking:

Also this website

http://www.iforce2d.net/mixercalc/

I Hope it will be help you :smile:

Hi Moksh,

Thanks…that did help a lot!

If I am reading the code from AP_MotorsMatrix.cpp correctly, the motor layout for the “I” frame would be:
(Front of the Aircraft)
#7CW, #5CCW, #1CW, #3CCW

#6CCW, #2CW, #4CCW, #8CW
(Back of the aircraft)

And the test motor sequence would go A=1,B=3,C=8,D=4,E=2,F=6,G=7,H=5

Let me know if I am understanding this correctly.

Thanks Again!

1 Like

I was some trying my best , this is a result you can see that

Google Photos

In diagram each number show main output pin number it means diagram show 1,5,3,7,8,6,4,2 so you can connect main output like 1,5,3,7,8,6,4,2 this :sweat_smile:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please wait some hours , i have awesome idea for “H” frame convert into “I” so please wait some hours
Thank you :grin:

Hi Moksh,

This is the orientation I would like to get confirmation on…

Thanks,
Mike

Are you done with your frame work ?
And sorry for my experiment is running right now

No, still in the design stage. Thanks!

Sir I’m sorry to , my experiment is still running because I can do that , but my were house (when I trying my all experiment) it’s close down because corona virus and all are still support stay in house.
So , may-be tomorrow early morning I will do that and I will give you my notes.

Hello sir I’m extremely sorry. I’m just tire with my phone.
Are you done with your project ?