O3 Air Unit Disconnects controller when plane is armed

I have an o3 air unit, DJI Remote 2 and goggles 2, and an omnibus f4 nano v6. I’m powering the O3 air unit using a boost converter set at around 8.5V off the VBat terminal on my FC (I have my ESC bec connected to VBAT). Radio inputs are working fine, servos are working fine. If I set up the servo output to RC3 (throttle channel), I can even throttle the prop without arming it. However, when I set my servo output 1 (throttle) back to throttle from RC3, and subsequently arm the plane using the rudder arming, my goggles and remote immediately lose connection. No clue what’s causing this. Can someone help me troubleshoot? I can provide log files, photos, anything.

Forgot to mention some things - using a sunnysky x series esc with a 5.6v 4A BEC. using this boost converter -https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Adjustable-Voltage-Regulator-Compatible/dp/B089JYBF25/ref=sr_1_3?crid=W30B84JCZLVE&keywords=boost%2Bconverter&qid=1684164979&s=electronics&sprefix=boost%2Bconverter%2Celectronics%2C141&sr=1-3&th=1