No throttle sent to ESC on channel 8

Guys I know this is old topic! but I am very new to this and already got lost here with me ESC

I have T-rex 600 ESP with PIXHAWK and arducopter 3.6.9

I been chasing my tail for a month now!

I did everything what Chris in his videos ( thank you Chris for that help)

but the ESC wan’t trying to help me and get it to work!

I have 130A platinum OPTO V4
I calibrated alone with my FRSkY receiver and also used the wireless devise to setup the flight mode (linear throttle)
soft cutoff cutoff voltage 3.0
motor rotation CW , active freewheel ,

I did video to show your guys all my futaba 14sg ch setup and my mission planner

also I show the problem when I try to calibrate the ESC its not want to work!!

at the end of the video my camera stopped I was trying to say Chris says the pitch must be REVERSED but I can’t reversed otherwise all will change and will make a mess!
so now its moving with the direction of the sticks!

please Help ,
thank you
Ozzy

As explained in the wiki for RC setup, the pitch direction must normally be reversed in the RC in order for the slider to go the right way in the radio calibration screen.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-radio-control-calibration.html

Any of the servos can be reversed for heli after doing that. You might find it easier to use QGroundControl to set up your helicopter than Mission Planner. QGroundControl has a heli setup page that makes reversing the servo directions, and setting them quite easy.

Thank you Chris for the videos they are very helpful !

I found that I was wrong! in the Pixhawk there is no throttle stick instead in mode one its only switch to arm and start the motor!!

now I am on the final tests \
today I took the bird outside for the first test and first the motor start the swash plate was shaking and I turned it off! I took the blades of and I spin it on the bench and first the motor start the swash start tilting to the right direction !!! and I notice also the both (pitch and aileron servo ) shaking

don’t know what to do next!

I fallow your steps on Qgroundcontrol and yes its easy ti use than the mission planner!

thank you
Ozzy

That sounds like a potential vibration problem upsetting your attitude solution.

Chris, please watch the new video I uploaded !

its look like there is something not quite well going on in the swash plate when I run different modes !

I think if I fly it as is will crash!

I tried to go back to 3.6.9 but when I install it in the pixhawk the radio setup page and the swash not responding, I tried to use the frame type _class as Heli but nothing moving

on the Qgroundcontrol telling me there are so many parameters missing!

I tried to uninstall the both Qgroundcontrola and the mission planner but no hope!

so I am staying now with the oldest 3.6.7 version as you see it in the video !

please help me with this
Ozzy

Your video doesn’t seem to be working, Ozzy.

What you are expecting from the Autopilot on the bench is impossible. Wait for Chris he will explain to you how it really works.
BTW I got the video going,Chris.

I was able to download the new firmware
3.6.9 and after 4 days of fighting he Pc and he Pixhawk

Every time I was installing it then Pixhawk missing a lot of awash plates parameters

But last night I was about to upgraded to 3.6.9
With no problems and all my radio setup is working and parameters in there !

I heard that the Bench test is not going to give the clue about the system and because it need GPS and real flight to operate

But is there a way to test the flight modes and the system before the first test ???

I don’t want to get a heart stroke :slight_smile:

Thank you
Ozzy

Ozzy, the only valid bench test is in unarmed state in Stabilize or Acro. The system expects different behavior in the other modes, and when armed, that can only be duplicated with a live helicopter ready-to-fly. For instance, in Loiter you do not have collective or cyclic control. The autopilot does. And you can do is make requests to the autopilot to move it or make it go up or down.

The only two manual modes are Stabilize or Acro.

Acro has strange behavior in Copter on a bench test. If you want to fly a greatly improved version of Acro you can load the ArduHeli 3.6.7 build from here->

The information on the new acro in the ArduHeli build can be found here and this has been a very, very popular enhancement for helicopters. There are some outdated links in that thread, but the latest version is in ArduHeli 3.6.7. There are several other features in the ArduHeli build as well, that Copter does not have. But you don’t need to worry about any of that stuff for right now, just to get your heli flying.

I have updated to 3.6.9

Is that the newest one ?

It took me 4 days to fix the missing parameters with that version

Thank you
Ozzy

Ozzy,
The 3.6.9 is the latest build for Copter not for TradHeli. You should follow the link Chris gave you for the latest stable Heli build, its version 3.6.7.
Use QGControl to upload it manually to your Heli.

There is a 3.6.9 build for ArduHeli that has the same heli features as the 3.6.7 with the addition of four-servo swashplate support, but it is based on Copter 3.6.9 instead of Copter 3.6.7.

The difference between the two is the IMU “hotfix” that was put into 3.6.9 for Cubes, and the new “watchdog” that reboots your controller in-flight if the main loop locks up. There is both ChibiOS and NuttX builds for both. And, of course, the ArduHeli 3.6.9 build has support for four-servo swashplates, so some of your params may be missing with 3.6.9 due to different handling of swashplates. There is a description in the release notes that explains what the new swashplate settings are, and what they do for the 3.6.9 build as this was not yet documented in the wiki and it was targeted for the Copter 3.7 release.

so Better to download the 3.6.7 since its free of problems and don’t really need 4 servos!

I installed the Qgroundcontrol in my PC and connected the pixhawk into the SUB
clicked the frimawre then on the right giving me two options;

Ardupilot flight stack
pix4 flight stak v1.9.1 stable release
down there is a chibios and nuttx

and I see only arduheli 3.6.9 I don’t see 3.6.7!

and down select what version of the above flight stack you would like to install
and choices ;
standard version stable
beta testing beta
developer build master

so how to get the 3.6.7 ?

I appreciate your help!
ozzy

If the 3.6.7 build is the one you want, you have to down the proper firmware for your controller from here ->

Then in the firmware install select the Advanced checkbox and install custom firmware file.

Chris, sorry about my so many questions;

I plugged the USB then clicked to choose px4 flight stack V1.9.1 stable release

then advanced setting and choose custom firmware

then hit OK
and the window opened to pick your saved file…

you gave me the link, I opened an I see only in the bottom
assets
and so many links for different devises

now my devise is PX4 FMU V2
that was the Qgroundcontrol telling me in the found devise (frimware window)

so I pick ArduHeli-3.6-Stable-fmuv2.bin

or any others ?

and even if I choose that one and finish downloading it and hear the music tone

still I can see on the summary that the firmware v is 3.6.9 !!

its little hard for me to tell which link need to pick?!

thank you

Ozzy

The firmware will still identify in the summay as 3.6.9 so you don’t get complaints from QGC about running outdated firmware. But in the logs I can identify it as ArduHeli 3.6.7 so if you have a problem I can tell what firmware version you got.

So is the ( Arduheli-3.6-stable-FMUV2.bin ) what I need to click and download ?

And my Pixhawk is the pix4 mfu v2 that what in the frimWare setup page saying !

I think I may have to calibrate and redo all tuning again !

Thank you very much !

I just re installed ArduHeli-3.6-Stable-px4v2.px4 nuttx

but the problem is that I can’t connect my wireless telemetry link to QGC or Mission planner!!

its frustrating! :frowning:

Ozzy

Still no hope to connect mavlink to any software!!!
I think it’s the frimware problem

I had no problem connecting mavlink with 3.6.9 before !!
Its look like the 3.6.7 not for wirless mavlink

Ozzy

I’m not sure what the problem is, but the firmware version has nothing to with connecting with MavLink. I run the 3.6.7 version and connect to it with MavLink all the time.