No more RTL in dataflash log

The RTL mode in the dataflash log is gone…
The dataflash used to report RTL, but now it only reports a switch to "guided"
is this on purpose? I kinda liked it when it showed RTL.
See screenshot below. I turned off my TX to test RTL function.
i.imgur.com/xf0pWEe.jpg

(btw this forum is a PITA when it comes to handling images)

[quote=“Pieter”]The RTL mode in the dataflash log is gone…
The dataflash used to report RTL, but now it only reports a switch to "guided"
is this on purpose? I kinda liked it when it showed RTL.
See screenshot below. I turned off my TX to test RTL function.
i.imgur.com/xf0pWEe.jpg
[/quote]
Can you post the tlog for that flight?
The code shouldn’t enter GUIDED except in three possible circumstances:
[ul]your GCS sends a command to enter GUIDED mode
you have a geofence breach
you have GUIDED setup as a flight mode and switch to it using the transmitter
[/ul]
From your tlog I should be able to work out what happened.
Cheers, Tridge

Here is the dataflash LOG
I don’t have TLOGS because I don’t have long range telemetry. (only bluetooth)
I just realised I did not upgrade to 2,78, I’m running 2,77 I don’t know if that makes a difference?

In the log you can clearly see the failsafe message switches to ON, but the mode gets switched to GUIDED.
I did not configure my mode switch to go to guided at any position, and there is no GCS failsafe enabled.
I did configure geofencing, but I was within the fence and my TX switch wasn’t flipped. Plus the plane went to home, and not the geofence return point I had configured. strange…

Other than that minor cosmetic issue in the log, the APM and failsafe are functioning outstanding!!

Oh forgot to mention: in the same log I did an auto mission of 4 waypoints and it also registred as guided…
The log itself is a mess. After I land, (in FBWA) I pick it up, still armed and I walk the plane to my car to disconnect. But after the landing the log suddenly shows a jump up in altitude from 0 to 100 meters… :question:
the mode gets switched to guided and loiter again… strange. it’s like a piece of the log from the middle is put at the end?
I remember my previous flight showed something similar. I did a complete erase of the dataflash and didn’t pay attention to it anymore…

the OSD did show the modes and everything else correct during the flight.

It looks like it is a MissionPlanner bug with downloading log files. If you look in the log you see this:
MODE, 195858, Guided, 11
mode 11 is RTL, not Guided. I think the “Guided” string is being added by MissionPlanner in the download.
I’ve asked Michael Oborne about it.
Cheers, Tridge

I can confirm it is a mission planner bug.
When I download the same log over CLI everything is correct. The modes are showing the correct values and no more strange jump in altitude.
I attached the same log but downloaded over CLI instead of MAVlink.

could I get a copy of the original bin file?

I had a look at my code, and so long as there are parameters in the bin file, it should work fine.

This is the .bin file generated by mission planner when I downloaded the log over MAVlink the first time.
Looks like the params are all inside

thanks Pieter. I’ve also fixed the allowed extensions for attachments to include .bin files.
Cheers, Tridge