No GPS/satellite count in OSD display

I recently setup my FPV gear, including a MinimOSD board. Everything works great except for one thing. I get no satellite/GPS data UNLESS I connect to mission planner. Everything else works perfectly (flight mode, battery volts, RSSI, etc). I have a bluetooth adapter and minimosd connected to telemetry port using a Y cable. I have nothing connected to tx pin on osd board as I read is correct. I’m using APM 2.6

What happens:

1. Power up headset
  2. Power up FPV gear
  3. Connect lipo power to Quad
  4. View FPV screen and see all data as I should on OSD, except satellites=0
  5. Connect to Mission Planner through bluetooth
  6. Satellites now show a count and I get coordinates.

Someone please help. I’ve tried setting SR0 and SR1 values multiple times. Yes, I’ve also tried Enable Telemetry button in MP

I am having the same issue and was wondering if you ever came up with a fix for it.
Seems it should be something the OSD board needs to send out to request it but without
the TX connected I don’t see how it will ever do it. Maybe need to update the parameters in
the OSD board itself.

A friend of mine has that problem, so I avoided the telemetry port. I ended up soldering additional pins on the discrete uart0 and uart2 pads at the front of the board and connecting the minimosd to UART0 and Bluetooth to uart2. It was also easier for me to do this because I didn’t have a connector for the telemetry port and didn’t want to wait for one to arrive.

It seems to be working correctly on the bench. I’ve yet to put this plane in the air.

My APM is 2.6.2

Here are the settings that I think affect telemetry out those ports:

SR0_EXT_STAT,2
SR0_EXTRA1,6
SR0_EXTRA2,6
SR0_EXTRA3,1
SR0_PARAMS,10
SR0_POSITION,2
SR0_RAW_CTRL,2
SR0_RAW_SENS,1
SR0_RC_CHAN,2
SR1_EXT_STAT,2