Newbie having trouble can't arm aducopter after setup

hi all I am really struggling I am new to the world of quadcopters and have bought hk pilot 2.7 I flashed it with firmware 3.21, went through setting frame type to quad, calibrated through the wizard including the live external compass, and at the end I see in red against pre flight check, check if you can arm. No matter what I do I can’t make it arm the motors.

Incidentally I have already set up my four turnigy AE-25a Escs direct to channel 3 on my receiver and after calibrating all four motors and reapplying power the motors all span up and went faster with more throttle.

Could someone tell me for sure what the correct arming procedure is. I read it is throttle at bottom and Yaw To the right on the sticks.

Please could you help, thanks Mark.

Connect to Mission Planner during preflight check to pin point the cause of failure.

Yes, throttle down/ yaw right will arm (leave other stick centered).

[quote=“ashy72”]hi all I am really struggling I am new to the world of quadcopters and have bought hk pilot 2.7 I flashed it with firmware 3.21, went through setting frame type to quad, calibrated through the wizard including the live external compass, and at the end I see in red against pre flight check, check if you can arm. No matter what I do I can’t make it arm the motors.

Incidentally I have already set up my four turnigy AE-25a Escs direct to channel 3 on my receiver and after calibrating all four motors and reapplying power the motors all span up and went faster with more throttle.

Could someone tell me for sure what the correct arming procedure is. I read it is throttle at bottom and Yaw To the right on the sticks.

Please could you help, thanks Mark.[/quote]

the “pre arm check” parameter sets wether you need radio to be on, GPS to have a lock and so on to be able to arm. Indoors the GPS normally does not get a signal so you’d probably have to disable that.
Check that your channels are going the right direction under the radio calibration.
You mentioned doing compass and radio calibration but you also need to do ACC calibration if you have not already done so.

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]Connect to Mission Planner during preflight check to pin point the cause of failure.

Yes, throttle down/ yaw right will arm (leave other stick centered).

[quote=“ashy72”]hi all I am really struggling I am new to the world of quadcopters and have bought hk pilot 2.7 I flashed it with firmware 3.21, went through setting frame type to quad, calibrated through the wizard including the live external compass, and at the end I see in red against pre flight check, check if you can arm. No matter what I do I can’t make it arm the motors.

Please could you help, thanks Mark.[/quote][/quote][quote=“philsson”]the “pre arm check” parameter sets wether you need radio to be on, GPS to have a lock and so on to be able to arm. Indoors the GPS normally does not get a signal so you’d probably have to disable that.
Check that your channels are going the right direction under the radio calibration.
You mentioned doing compass and radio calibration but you also need to do ACC calibration if you have not already done so.[/quote]

I did acc cal that is ok. It seems the radio channel 3 was going the wrong way round and I reversed it in the remote control but still no arming. So it’s just the throttle stick on its own to arm? Bottom left? And right hand stick centred to arm? That’s not what I read on arducopter website no wonder I can’t arm if that’s the case, I will try again tomorrow, and check the gps is locked properly outside. Thanks.

[quote=“ashy72”]

I did acc cal that is ok. It seems the radio channel 3 was going the wrong way round and I reversed it in the remote control but still no arming. So it’s just the throttle stick on its own to arm? Bottom left? And right hand stick centred to arm? That’s not what I read on arducopter website no wonder I can’t arm if that’s the case, I will try again tomorrow, and check the gps is locked properly outside. Thanks.[/quote]
Bottom right :wink: Hold it there for like 5 seconds. Though if you hold it there for too long it activates another mode to calibrate the acc during flight.

Thanks to all the replies much appreciated, skipped gps checking for preflight and held left throttle stick bottom right and can now arm!

@ashy72,
I believe that not checking for a GPS lock might result in flyaway when in the Autonomous mode.
Regards,
TCIII GM