New Tuning Instructions Wiki Page

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1 to the parameter list for the plug-in. Configuring the notch filter is the next step typically anyway. That note could be added also.

Do you think that could be an issue for F405 users if it’s turned on too early? The wiki mentions there could be issues with compass calibrations.

I’ve actually got it in the spreadsheet under a HNOTCH Suggested section now, but we could definitely move it to being one of the things that are always selected

Some of these are based on prop size (and estimated RPM → frequency) and MOT_THST_HOVER (which will rely on someone putting in their own learned value)
These are probably “Alpha” at the moment and the frequency calc could be better.
:slight_smile: It’s all a bit of an “exercise” though and might have doubtful value.

I think I recall hearing about that problem once but don’t recall the exact circumstance. Link to that wiki entry? Curious now.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-imu-batchsampling.html#post-configuration-confirmation-flight-and-post-flight-analysis

There’s a note at the end of the post flight analysis.

Yea, I suppose as long as F4’s hang around it would be best to simply note that Notch Filter Configuration is the next step and link to the Wiki page.

1 Like