New to Pixhawk - Got a bit of a problem

Hi All… new to the forum and new to Pixhawk (Hello!! :slight_smile: )… I have an issue that is bugging the hell out of me… I have a Disco Pro that I have removed the NAZA and replaced it with a Pixhawk…everything was going smoothly until first hover…it flipped…and after reading a bit, I realized that my assumption certainly made an ass of me!.. During working this out, one thing I did was re calibrate the ESC’s (TBS 30A Bulletproofs) now my issue is that I cannot get full throttle… the Disco arms, motors spin up, but will not go to full throttle. If I re calibrate the ESC’s and try the throttle before I bring it out of calibration mode, I get full throttle, but as soon as I arm normally, and raise the throttle, it increases, but not even enough to bring it to hover…

Please help!!.. my hair is rapidly thinning… :wink:

thanks Guys…

@ScoultonLad,
Please list your version of the ArduCopter firmware and your GCS.
This issue may be a firmware or GCS issue and not a Pixhawk hardware issue and will need to be moved if it is not a hardware issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Hi TCIII,

Thanks for getting back to me… Arducopter 3.1.5 and not sure what a GCS is but using Mission Planner v1.3.9 if that helps…

This all seemed fine until I calibrated the ESC’s… But interesting point is, that the throttle is different on each mode. Some modes no throttle increase at all, motors just spin as armed. on stabilize i can only seem to achieve 1/4 throttle and RTL steadily accelerates to full on it’s own (this is all on the bench BTW…no props)…

it’s probably something simple… but just need a pointer…

thanks…

Exact Same Boat (err, Disco):

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9545

diydrones.com/forum/topics/pixha … c-problems

Does this video look like you?
youtube.com/watch?v=oiDw6ro … e=youtu.be

After tearing it apart and rebuilding, I’m now in the middle of trying to update firmware, but keep getting stuck at “No need to update; already onboard.”

Sorry you’re having this problem, but I’m glad for the company.

Solved. See Solution in the other thread: ‘Mystery Throttle Ceiling’

Hi JoeBob,

Many thanks for the pointers, I’ll give that a try tonight… The strange thing is, all I have ever had on this is Pixhawk is 3.1.5, and the throttle was working OK until I calibrated the BulletProof ESC’s (troubleshooting a schoolboy mistake with the motor order)…

I’ll go through the steps in your other thread, and report back in both threads on the outcome,… :slight_smile:

thanks…

I flew fine for a week before my baby burped.
I don’t know if I updated firmware without knowing it, or what.
I don’t think ESC calibration had anything to do with it.
Overnight, after a hard landing in Stabilize, my throttle got lazy.

I’d like to hear how it works out for you. And I want to know when / if it’s safe to move back to 3.1.5

Hi JoeBob,

Followed the instructions in your previous post… and it worked like a charm :slight_smile:

I’m now (officially) a very happy chappy…

Thanks for all the work you put into getting to a solution, and then sharing it here…

Appreciate it JoeBob…

Steve.