New telemetry set, no comm

Cannot connect to either 3DR radio from MP.

When I plug in the USB I get the following.

[attachment=0]telem_bad.jpg[/attachment]

I have two other sets of 3DR radios that work fine. MP rev 1.2.97 and proper drivers are loaded.

Is there anything I can do to revive these or do I have to send them back for replacement?

Hi SkyHawkDP,

Please try to uninstall and re-install the mission planner from the MSI file:
ardupilot.com/downloads/?did=82

Also you can try the FTDI drivers:
ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

OK, uninstalled Mission Planner and the drivers, and re-installed. The original (new) radio set that wouldn’t connect, now connects, but another of the three that I have won’t. I seem to be limited to two.

Anyways, for now I have the two most important ones working. I may double up on a NetID to fly two of my octos flying from the one port.

Somehow the port number from the USB connection to a Pixhawk changed from 25 to 11.

When a new driver is initialized, they have been loading at ports 25 and up. So I may have to do a “port” housekeeping, to get the third to load properly.

What should the Radio appear as in the Device Manager. Mine is showing up as “USB Serial Port” This is the port that shows up when I plug in the radio.

@SkiGeek,
My telemetry radio shows up as COM4 in MP on my laptop running Windows 8.1.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Thanks for the quick reply. (I was actually going to delete the previous post.)

I have followed the steps above and I am still not able to connect from mission planner to my IRIS. The Telemetry Radio works fine with my phone. I get the error that “Access to the port COM12 is denied” in mission planner.

[attachment=2]MissionPlannerError.png[/attachment]

Device Manager:
[attachment=1]DeviceManager.png[/attachment]

Driver Properties:
[attachment=0]3DRRadioDriver.png[/attachment]

I am running windows 8.1.

Sorry for the double post (if there is one, mistook the submit under attachments as submitting the attachment for upload)

@SkiGeek,
Sometimes Bluetooth interferes with the MP Windows Com Port connections. Try turning off your Bluetooth and see if you can connect then.
Regards,
TCIII GM

I’ve seen access denied. This has happened when it has grabbed on to a port that is in use. It shouldn’t, but in computers that have had a lot of driver activity, at times a used port can get marked as free.

You might try changing the port number to a different one that is not in use.

[quote=“TCIII”]@SkiGeek,
My telemetry radio shows up as COM4 in MP on my laptop running Windows 8.1.
Regards,
TCIII Admin[/quote]

What computer are you using. I have had Compaqs or HPs and nothing but problems with these drivers.

It shouldn’t be so complicated. I don’t know what it’s like to have my 3DR connections working “Plug and Play”.

[quote=“SkyHawkDP”]
What computer are you using. I have had Compaqs or HPs and nothing but problems with these drivers.

It shouldn’t be so complicated. I don’t know what it’s like to have my 3DR connections working “Plug and Play”.[/quote]

I am using a Dell Latitude 5420, I have tried selecting a different port in the driver properties with no luck. I turned off the bluetooth and still no luck. My next test I guess will be to try my old acer ultrabook.

I will update Later tonight.

Hello,

I too am having no success connecting my ground radio to MP. I have an HP Elitebook and re-installed MP but no luck so far. Any solutions to this yet? thanks so much!

The error is displaying com access denied, this happens when another program is using the same port.

If this is not the case you can try to reinstall the drivers by runing:
run C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\Drivers\DPInstx64.exe or DPInstx86 (64 bits and 32 bits respectively)

Thanks so much RogelioN! I disabled a conflicting program and everything looks good now.

Cheers!

[quote=“kikbakrelax”]Thanks so much RogelioN! I disabled a conflicting program and everything looks good now.

Cheers![/quote]

How did you identify your conflicting program?

I have been using my phone as my ground station because I never got this to work. Same problem now with a new computer. Windows 8.1 HP ProBook.