New Pixhawk boot problem (SOS code)

Hi,

Just got my first Pixhawk. Right from the start I was getting the SOS morse code beeps (main LED solid RED, FMU B/E off, IO B/E solid orange). Did some digging and found out it might mean corrupted SD card. Reformatted card and it worked, even survived few boots. Just 30 min later (Pixhawk just sitting on my table) I got the SOS again. Now I can’t get rid of it at all. I have tried:

• reformat SD card
  • use another SD card
  • hold down the button when booting
  • used LiPo to power while flashing firmware
  • disconnect all peripherals except beeper and button

Windows reads the SD card just fine and I can reflash any firmware from Mission Planner. The SOS starts sounding when MP dialog says to wait for the melody.

Any advice before I send this back? :frowning:

[quote=“foxzilla”]Hi,

Just got my first Pixhawk. Right from the start I was getting the SOS morse code beeps (main LED solid RED, FMU B/E off, IO B/E solid orange). Did some digging and found out it might mean corrupted SD card. Reformatted card and it worked, even survived few boots. Just 30 min later (Pixhawk just sitting on my table) I got the SOS again. Now I can’t get rid of it at all. I have tried:

• reformat SD card
  • use another SD card
  • hold down the button when booting
  • used LiPo to power while flashing firmware
  • disconnect all peripherals except beeper and button

Windows reads the SD card just fine and I can reflash any firmware from Mission Planner. The SOS starts sounding when MP dialog says to wait for the melody.

Any advice before I send this back? :frowning:[/quote]

Try push Safety-Switch in and hold it, reboot pixhawk

Already tried that - nothing changes except in that case the button led doesn’t flash.

Try flashing different firmware (such as ArduPlane or ArduRover) without sd card and see if it flashes successfully. If it does but you still get failed to boot tones, write us at help@3drobotics.com for further troubleshoot.

I was in contact with the retailer and they told me to send it back (which I already did). Haven’t heard back yet, but will update here how it goes.