New FC: RadioLink Mini Pix

what do you mean? which arducopter? radiolink or the real arducopter. I have a working real arducopter on mini-pix. works no problemo.

Radio link board ability to flight correctly with quadcopter. Arducopter 5.5

yes. It flies my quadcopter perfectly fine

Hi, new here. Bought the Radiolink Mini Pix, looked good on paper. Fitted it into my Bayangtoy X16 GPS which would no longer arm. On maiden flight, it fell out of the sky, lucky, only from about 2 mt. When I picked it up, I noticed no light in the GPS unit. When I got home and took it apart, no light anywhere. Checked the voltage in the PDB, no 5v coming from the PDB to the FC. Bypassed the PDB, and powered the FC from another PDB, and everything worked. Now, here comes the funny part. When it is hooked up to the PC, it will arm, when I disconnect from the PC, it still arm, but if I turn it off and back on, it will not arm again. Have to reconnect to PC to get it to arm.
Didn’t seem to have any problem with Mission Planner.
This FC seems to be a POS, and I have posted elsewhere to go elsewhere to buy a FC.
Does any one have any idea of what is going on. I the next few days, I will make a video of it, and post it on YT.

Sounds like the PDB died, not much to say unless there are some logs I guess. When it refuses to arm there should be some reason given. If you are indoors and it arms only sometimes, it could be GPS fix coming and going.

Thanks Chris. Strange problem. As I said, when connected to PC, it will arm, but if I disconnect from PC, but without turning off power to quad, it will arm, but when I disconnect power to quad and then power back up again, it will not arm. Very strange. And yes, the PDB is faulty, 5v out to FC dead, but power to ESC ok . I think it is not worth the headache. Will make a video about it when I find the time. Will keep posted

Why not make them send you a replacement?
I mean, you did pay for a working HW :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. I bought a mini pix from Radiolink on AliExpress. The first 2 months all perfecto
Today I connected it to my pc and apm planner radiolink to load quadplane after loading the firmware the computer no longer detects the board. Scared I tried in another Windows and the board is no detected and then no longer appears in the device manager, which I can not connect to the mission planner. I have tried connecting the battery with the power module and it is not detected by the pc either. I see that the green led of Power turns ok but not detected in some usb port. I tested with 2 different cables and also in another USB port. I am a bit frustrated because before loading the firmware the quad Windows recognized the board without problem. What happened? I have broken the board by loading a new firmware ?
If you could help me I would really appreciate it.

regard :+1::+1:

Fendrich

I just got one of this to fit it in my Robotic-UGV, I got 3DR V2 telemetry and OSD £70 for everything is a great price. Some experience with this Mini PIX in a Rover? Is soported already ChibiOS?

Thank you

Hi
After a change of firmware my minipix IS over, not run, only green light but not recognize by manager device when USB cable is connected.
Here some vídeos and photo.
Anybody can helpme
Thanks
Febdrich

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B1UyOQTqiARt8aCsZXLB2dEQ1-Js1sUS/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aJpSWdzfJx48HSlv-72BCRn81_6imOh-/view?usp=drivesdk

I realize these are older posts, but in case you still need an answer, yes the mini Pix now uses ChibiOS. You can find the latest ArduPilot builds for the RadioLink mini Pix below.

It looks like you loaded an incorrect bootloader so from one of the directories below, use the .hex file in the directory with “with_bl” in the name. bl stands for bootloader.

ArduPlane for mini Pix
ArduCopter for mini Pix
ArduRover for mini Pix
ArduSub for mini Pix

Hi
thanks Greg by your answer, but when i follow the link (arduplane minipix bl link) only see a new window with many many numbers

what should I do??
If this is to be compilated i dont know how a compilation is made ?

Thanks again
Fendrich

Hi Fendrich,

The reason that you see many number is that you are looking at the firmware file on your browser instead of downloading it locally. What you really want to do is to download the “arduplane_with_bl.hex” file to your local PC by right mouse clicking on the link and then selecting “Save link as…”. This will transfer the .hex file to your PC so you can load it into the mini Pix using Mission Planner or another application.

This link should help you load the firmware.

Loading Firmware onto ChibiOS-only boards

Good luck!

Thank you so mucho for your answer
I have 2 bricked Mini Pix, one i recover one of them thanks to your instruccions, but the otherone cant be recognized by manager devices when i connect usb cable. For that reason i cant select any port in mission planner for radiolink, and i cant install new firmware.
This flight controller haves fixed green light shining.
Do you have any solution ??

Thanks again
Fendrich

It sounds like your other mini Pix is stuck in DFU bootloader mode. I would download the BetaFlight App for Google Chrome browser and refer to this information below. Follow the directions for installing Zadig and swapping the one Windows10 driver. This allows you to talk to the STM32 BOOTLOADER as a “DFU” device in BFC, not a regular Comm port. I’m sure your board is fine, you just need to install the bootloader and firmware.

Installing BetaFlight and DFU Flashing under Windows10

Arxangel also has a nice tutorial here on downloading the bootloader using BetaFlight.

HOW-TO ArduPlane on Omnibus F4 Pro and other boards!!!

Good luck!

fwiw, as minipix doesn’t have any convenient DFU pad, pins or button exposed, you need to pull the STM32F405’s pin 94 (boot0) high (3.3V) to enter DFU mode. there’s a tiny resistor nearby that can be used to apply 3.3V without too much hassle:

cheers, basti.

1 Like

for me…
I can load the firmware via MP @ radiolink.
But no settings remain in memory when I turn off the power.
Do you know why ?

I am also having some issues with my MiniPix as well as 2 Omnibus f4 nano V. 6 boards. I am able to configure them once, and as far as the MiniPix I is flying well in a twin motor 4 channel plane. But after this success, I am no longer able to connect to mission Planner, and it no longer sees the boards to re-load the firmware without using Impulse RC driver fixer. Then all seems well until next time.
So I tried another computer with the Omnibus f4 Nano which seemed to work after reboot, I was even able to get all 4 channels except throttle would only work if I changed Throttle to RC3 on the servo tab. But after a little success, the rudder stopped working and I am left thinking this is pretty flaky to fly nice planes. The Nanos work perfectly on INav, but I really wanted to use them in small 4 channel explorer planes and well INav has no channel remapping.
Next step is a Matek 405 wing.

I found a convenient source to apply the 3.3Volts for Boot mode on the safety switch.

A little of help please? I flashed via MP2 in Ubuntu the Rorver 3.5rc1 in (format BIN I think)
The board entered in a state of green light and it has a flash red when boot for few seconds. While is flashing in red, the computers can recognice it as PX4 FCU.(I dont know if is ther original bootloader or was flashed via MP2)
The thinG is Im trying flash the xxxxxwithbl.hex via BTC (chrome) but dont give me a port to choose in windows, and in linux doesnt work
Do I need force the DFU mode as above with the 3.3v in the pad?To do it I first need connect via usb,force the dfu and flash with BTC,that is OK?