My 1st Rover Project

If TCIII commented about it, it is very old code . The parameter might not even exist anymore.

Maybe it’s as fast as that turtle will turn. If you don’t want to post a log then review the motor outputs and see if they are at max or are being limited.

I don’t mind loading a log so I will get around to doing that tomorrow. In manual mode it turns like a beast. In auto mode it’s sluggish. The power is there in manual mode, just need to make it as good in auto

Can you post a parameter list tonight?

Are ATC_STR_RAT_MAX and ATC_STR_ACC_MAX set to zero?

Apparently the link is not properly formatted. Be sure to remove the _emphasized from the end of the link.

You could look at http://www.euref-ip.net/ to see whether there are RTK correction sources near you. I’m using an RTCM source about 21km from me (and feeding that correction to an ardusimple board) and getting decent accuracy, about a 10 cm drift from day to day which is sufficient for my application (robotic lawn mower).

Really appreciate the info Christopher. I have looked through the data but can’t find anything in London or close to it. I found one in Daresbury which is 174 Miles away from me so I doubt that distance is any good. Maybe there’s more closer to London in the data but I’m not sure

Just spoke to this company who provide RTK coverage where I live. Annual Fee: £600😳 I could buy the Here+ RTK kit for that cost.

It is not easy to find sources of RTCM/RTK corrections as there is no robust repository. I really had to poke around to find mine. I bet if you keep looking you’ll find one. Maybe post on this thread https://www.ardusimple.com/question/finding-correction-sources-casters-near-me/ and see if anyone has any suggestions. After all London is kind of a big village and there’s got to be a free provider somewhere there.

This sourcetable has some sources listed in GBR http://www.euref-ip.be:2101/… You could poke around there to see if there’s one near you (using lat & long from the sourcetable).

… or you could buy 2 Ardusimple boards (one as a ground station and one for your rover) for 398 euro on their special sale.

Can these base stations be used with the Here 2 GPS that I already own? From my understanding the Here RTK uses the Here+ gps module. I have the Here 2 module.
Also I found one that’s 45 miles away from my location. Not sure if that’s too far to pick up the signal.
How do you add the info in order to see if it can pick it up? I’m using Mission Planner with the Pixhawk Cube 2.1

This is the closest station to me in the list you’ve shown me, not sure where the code starts and ends:

3.2;1004(1),1006(10),1008(10),1012(1),1013(10),1019,1020,1033(10),1230(10);2;GPS+GLO;EUREF;FRA;43.40;-1.68;0;0;LEICA GR25;none;B;N;400;rgp-ip.ign.fr:2101/SCOA1(1)
STR;SHOE00GBR0;Shoeburyness;RTCM 3.2;1005(5),1007(5),1019,1020,1033(5),1073(1),1083(1),1093(1),1123(1),1230(5),4094(5);2;GPS+GLO+GAL+BDS;EUREF;GBR;51.25;0.83;0;0;TRIMBLE NETR9;none;B;N;2000;ntrip1.os.co.uk:2101/SHOE_RTCM(1)

Also Christopher I’ve just seen this post:

Very cool😎

I don’t have a Here 2 GPS so don’t know. What I do know is that you need a GPS capable of receiving “RTK” or “RTCM” corrections. I do not think your Here 2 GPS is RTK/RTCM capable. This page http://www.proficnc.com/all-products/152-gps-module.html talking about the Here 2 GPS says “Positioning Accuracy 3D Fix” where as this page http://www.proficnc.com/gps/77-gps-module.html (for the “Here+ V2 RTK GNSS”) product is clearly an RTK product.

I’m a little apprehensive on powering the PX4. I have a Traxxas chassis and plan to power it with the ESC and battery that came with it. To power the PX4, I’d like to connect an A123 battery (~6.5v) directly to the servo rail and to plug in the servos for the ESC and steering servo also in the rail. Is this ok?

Chuck

The module you have does not support RTK.

Normal Operation Maximum Ratings
Power module input (4.1V to 5.7V) [refers to the voltage coming into Pixhawk from the power module]
Servo rail input (4.1V to 5.7V)
USB power input (4.1V to 5.7V)

It amazes me how many people choose not to use a dedicated power module to power the FC. I think however you can power the servo rail higher but it will not be used for FC power. I keep my servo rail at 5.6v just so it is available if needed.

1 Like

You guys told me to use the power module like 100 times before I finally did it. The benefit being you can see how much power you have available & put fail safes in place just in case

Plus you get nice clean consistent power coming into the F.C. I’ve seen logs of power graphs with no module and it is an accident waiting to happen.

I’m horrible frustrated, I can’t get my compass offsets to where the Ardurover can be armed. Keep getting the “Compass Offsets Too High” message. I’ve tried both options, general and onboard, probably 10 times, both inside our house and outside. Residential area, open space to the back of the house. Any suggestions?

Chuck
Pixhawk PX4
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N BGP + Duo Mag + USB