Motor arming issue

Ok I am building a octocopter with a pixhawk 4 autopilot fc. I’m running in to a issue with motors not arming or turning. I’m using tmotor flame 70a esc and brother hobby t7 motors. There is no motor spin up so not sure if it’s a communication thing. Ideas??

Probably just needs to have the pwm range set.
Check out this page: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/esc-calibration.html

Have you tried doing a motor test in Mission Planner? Are you running GPS?

I have tried that command is denied by autopilot

My radio is set from 999 too 2005 pwm

The command is denied because you didn’t press the safety button on the GPS, and that would explain why you can’t arm

Follow this guide before you try to spin up the motors or unexpected things could happen.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/initial-setup.html

Sounds like you haven’t done a ESC calibration yet and I’m betting you haven’t done a radio calibration either?

I programmed the esc separately from pixhawk cuz I’m using tmotor flames. Radio calibration was done and is working fine. There is no safty switch on the pixhawk 4 autopilot

Ya on this pixhawk 4 autopilot there is no safty switch and no where to even plug in like the older one. Radio works fine it knows when throttle is being applied cuz FC beep soon as it is applied and changes modes

The safety switch on a PH4 is one of the LED’s on the GPS.

Ok I will look at that. All the info I pull up is for the pixhawk 3

Ya the tmotor esc just run pwm is there a modes tab for using a switch for arming or do I need to make a mix on the radio?

I use safty switch and motors just beep constantly when Battery is pluged in. I can’t calibrate esc using the configurator. I’m using the pixhawk 4 autopilot but running a different distribution board with the autopilot’s brake out board as well. Should I connect everything straight to the pixhawk distribution board?

The fewer components in the system, the easier it is to narrow down problems :slight_smile:

Ok would this be a issue putting two 12000mah 6s pack straight here?

No, that’s fine. As per one of the earlier responses, please follow the setup guide. Make sure your servo min values enable your escs to arm.

Ya there from 1000min and 2000max

Ya I can’t do the esc calibration in this configurator. Motors just always beep soon as you power them up

When I try motor test just says error communicating with the autopilot motor 1