Mission Planner-Pixhawk

Hi everyone. What effect does changing parameters in Mission Planner have on Pixhawk? where can I get Pixhawk open source code? Which method should I apply if I want to make changes on Pixhawk?
Pls help me :slight_smile: thank you so much!

Hello @Perun_Kiyev

I think your questions are too broad, but trying to explain it:

• The Parameters you change in Mission Planner is written to a persistent memory inside your flight controller that will properly configure the general functioning for your specific aircraft. So, there will be present: the flight control gains, the sensors IDs and calibration values, which features are enabled (like Cameras, Fences, Relays, etc) as soon as the proper parameters that configure the behaviour for these drivers;
  • First of all, take a look at the Copter User Guide, in order to see if your needs are already implemented in source code and can be simply turned on and configured via parameters: ArduPilot Copter — Copter documentation
  • Just in case if you think your needs are not satisfied by anything already implemented, you can think on writing a LUA Script for it or download the repo and try to write your custom driver. If you need to go by the second option, check this to learn how to install the environment and build the code: Building the code — Dev documentation.

Let me know if you have more doubts.

1 Like