MinimOSD puzzles

I’m just relearning the MinimOSD after a long hiatus and have encountered a few things I could use some help with:

1. The altitude reading on MOSD is about 300 hundred feet higher than in my MP telemetry. I am confident the telem. height is accurate.
  2. I am using a 3 position switch for the panel switch BUT two positions result in no OSD shown and the third position shows panel 1.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thank you ,
    Steven

[quote=“Steven G”]I’m just relearning the MinimOSD after a long hiatus and have encountered a few things I could use some help with:

1. The altitude reading on MOSD is about 300 hundred feet higher than in my MP telemetry. I am confident the telem. height is accurate.
    [/quote]

I thought I would share the answer to the first question I had. Everything is correct. What I neglected to consider is that I have telemetry to MP set for AGL and the MOSD appear to be hard set for ASL. My flying site is 288 ft ASL. Mystery solved!

I still need help on number 2 above.
Thank you,
Steven

You should be able to get your AGL altitude displayed by selecting “Home Altitude” in the MinimOSD setup. You get MSL if you select “Altitude”.

As for your number 2 question, the following URL talks about doing screen changes with a three position switch:

code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra … een_Change

Thanks. I used that page to set up the 3 position switch. My problem is that I only seem to be able to select panel 1 and off. Panel 2 doesn’t show up. I’ve checked radio calibration and the ranges are within the 3 screen actuation criteria.

Yes, I discovered “Home Altitude” after this mornings flight. That one is knocked down. I thought it meant something else until I went through the panel description list. :blush:
Thanks,
Steven

I used the same page to setup panel “Real switching” and I get the same results as you Steven. I can turn panel 1 on and off, but I can’t get panel 2 to show up. I’m on MinimOSD Extra 2.4 r703, Ardupilot 2.78b, using PPM between FrSky D8R-IIplus receiver and APM. I’m confident my radio is sending the appropriate signals.

I tried using the “Switching by a momentary switch” and that worked fine and I was able to see panel 2.

Bill

@ Bill,
Thanks for the answer. I was going to try the momentary switch next. I’m also sure my radio is putting out the correct PPM setting as in Radio Cal, all shows up as expected.
Steven