Servers by jDrones

MicroArduCopter, 3" props, Omnibus Nano, Success!

Looks great! :slight_smile:
what kind of cam did you use? Do you have a link? Thanks!

1 Like

Not cheap, but great! It’s the reason I wrote the runcam support.

2 Likes

@Leonardthall has put me on how to fix this. Won’t work on boards with MPU6000 chips but will work on the older KakuteF7Minis

Works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you only using optical flow and lidar? If so, which ones?

Only optical no lidar. I have post the link of sensor on optical flow thread

1 Like

Managed to get out again today and fully open up the throttle:

You can see I blew through the old Nyquist frequency early on, fortunately I was running with my patch that allows a 2kHz backend rate so all was fine. You can see what happened to the FFT when it hit the maximum I had set of 495Hz, fortunately I am using ESC telemetry on this copter.

150kmh in case you were wondering :wink:

@Leonardthall FYI

Looks great! Wonder what happens if you try that w/ the ‘new’ version of the FC w/ mpu6000.

I’m not using master at the moment and don’t know exactly what the graph is showing… FTN1.DnF looks to be the motor frequency. What’s FTN2.PkX? Is that the frequency it would try to use if you were using FFT to set the frequency instead of ESC?

That is a fast little copter you’ve got!
Full throttle flights were always a bit scary for me… The copter got a bit twitchy. But last week I adjusted the mot.thst.expo param and retuned it. I lowered the expo param to about .43 for my motors, and it’s great! Full throttle is just as smooth as a gentle flight. I’m burning through batteries a lot faster because I don’t realize how fast I’m going :slight_smile:

It won’t work, but I have a cunning plan to make it work. It’s only gyro’s we need that fast…

Yes, exactly

0.43 is pretty low. Mine is set to 0.55 and it’s smooth as anything at full throttle.

It is… I didn’t come to that value the correct way by testing my motors. But I increased it, and it got worse. I decreased it and it got better. I decreased it more until it started having other issues (slow oscillations at low throttle), then increased it again. Anyway, my more powerful 1402 motors seem to like about .46, and my weaker 1103’s like .43.

1 Like

I think you have a tuning problem. You can only turn left…

boom boom

1 Like

Hah, I tend to do the same when just flying around w/out thinking about much. Counterclockwise circles for some reason.

Want to mention, I stiffened the arms of all my little microcopters, and it helped them all! Much smoother. I glued pultruded carbon fiber rods to the arms.

Here’s part of a flight from yesterday. This is not one of my better tuned copters… Just one I took off the shelf and stiffened the arms, and wanted to see how it flew after that. Battery lasted 8 minutes which is unusual. Either stiffening the arms helped, or I guess more likely, I was flying in a new area and a bit nervous, so was probably flying more conservatively than usual.
This is my new property! Going to build a house here eventually. My current daily flying location is suburban with roads in a grid pattern and plenty of landmarks to get my bearings. It was sort of terrifying flying over woods like this. It all looks the same, and copter would likely get stuck in a tree and lost forever if anything goes wrong.

3 Likes

Looks great! That’s what RTL is for right?

1 Like

That flight looks great, congratulations …

1 Like

absolutely excellent flight there was very corageous well done

I flew with this today: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14441
Gyros set to 4Khz on an F7, seemed to work fine.
2Khz on an F4 causing me some issues that I haven’t figured out yet.

This reason for doing this is my miniquad has 3-blade props going up to 600Hz so there is going to be noise at 1800Hz that a 2Khz sample rate will struggle with .

1 Like

The INS_GYRO_RATE parameter will be equivalent to SCHED_LOOP_RATE ?,

1 Like

No. It’s the backend rate at which gyro samples are available. By default on most IMUs this is currently 1Khz. It’s independent of the SCHED_LOOP_RATE. It’s the rate at which the gyro filters are run, so fast means less group delay as well as better filtering at higher frequencies.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you very much Andyp1per.

1 Like
Servers by jDrones