Looking for long range telemetry solution

Hello,

For a projet, i’m looking to have telemetry info beween 10 and 50Km …

I can’t find any solution.

3G modems is one but 3G network is not available on some countries :frowning:

Another but no solution… send telemetry by audio channel of video link (5.8)

Any suggestion, idea, comment ? :neutral_face:

Long range is all about antennas. The limit is defined by what antenna you can carry. The ground antenna is easy. I always recommend QFH in the air and helical on the ground. You still need tracking just to a lesser degree than with a parabolic.

You also need Quality transceivers with quality LNA’s

These cost $$$$

There is no low budget solution to good long range telemetry.

Unless you can make use of infrastructure already in place like 3G-4G or APRS

It would help if you include ALL the details of the project. Because you can’t get an answer that will work for you on a topic as critical to the design as long rang telemetry.

Hi,

I’m working on this projet, and $$$ cost is also a criteria.

Ground station + tracker is planned for video 5.8 Ghz tracking

Distance will be 30 - 60 Miles

I’ve different solutions for RC long range transmission such dragonlink

For telemery … it’s more difficult… Find parabolic or other 433 mhz antennas (europe)

Another solution (telemetry is only serial to 433 or 900 mhz conversion), it’s use audio channel (5.8GHz) for video transmission and use this to send telemetry.

You might want to consider the RFD900+ with a good set of antennas. Are you familiar with the RFD900+? It’s an amazing product and might be the solution you’re looking for.

AP

[quote=“andrew76092”]You might want to consider the RFD900+ with a good set of antennas. Are you familiar with the RFD900+? It’s an amazing product and might be the solution you’re looking for.

AP[/quote]

RFD900+ is not cheap. it costs $$$$

but it works just great. people do like it.