Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

You can use the qgc or MPlanner if you prefer, tower isnt update for vtols so I prefer qgc, tower is very intuitive but not have vtol modes

1 Like

Marty you want to record your tablet screen? Or fpv video?

1 Like

the tablet screen really,our local flying club have put out a challege for long range flight so would like to use the skydroid tower and the uvc video if possible they have said autonomous flight is o/k so would do it with way points im not really interested in winning just some fun and thank you.

we have to post a video with distance covered hence the tablet video

I use capture recorder from google play, its a pain the advertisment but as finish using you force stop and no more advertices

1 Like

Good luck :slight_smile: then share with Us too :wink:

1 Like

I will and thanks for your help

1 Like

Hey Marty the Skydroid app has a record function built in if your looking to record the flight video.

Click on the video window to bring up the UVC video…assuming your UVC is connected.

then click the record button

If your looking to record the screen as a video you can install DU Recorder, it’s free and works pretty good.

Have fun…ps my UVC wasn’t plugged in when I did this lol

2 Likes

ile give it a go as need the waypoints and distance in the video and thank you ive got untill the end of the year and thanks for this

I forgot to send that one a coulpe of hrs ago tried the DU Recorder and seams to work also there is a video editor so im a happy happy bunny I wont need to buy you and Cala a whisky or 2 ile need to buy you a distillery

1 Like

Ricky,

Cala2 had mentioned that he was using QGC for the VTOL support so I was on a similar UVC fact finding mission and found your summary here. I thought I would post it for others. It might make a good entry into the manual FAQ.

1 Like

Also, I want to make sure that these references are equivalent.

Skydroid App > Yunzhuo Ground Station > Tower 4.0 Modified app

Cheers!

1 Like

Greg if you go back on here there is a 4.4 modified version ive just been out in the freezing cold and done a few flights every thing is working good now to warm up

1 Like

So here are my observations updated.

On Android.
UVC video works in a version of Skydroid Tower version (Yunzhuo Ground Station)
UVC video is a no go on qGroundControl. Not recognized
UVC video is a no go on 3DR Tower (Crashes)
UVC Video is a no go on Mission Maker (Crashes)

Windows 10
UVC works on Mission Planner.
UVC works on Qgroundcontrol. Requires selection of the video source and then restart it.

2 Likes

FYI… someone opened an issue on this. I chimed in on the thread of my similar experience and @DonLakeFlyer is looking into it. Hopefully he’ll get this resolved.

Update: According to this, the Daily Build as this resolved. Not sure how to implement it but maybe @DonLakeFlyer can point us to the right direction. Or someone here would know how.

1 Like

The fix you are referring to is for connecting ChibiOS boards on Android. UVC on Android support varies based on device. Some work some don’t. We don’t have much/any control over that since we rely on third party code for the support.

1 Like

Thank you DonLakeFlyer after ive had some food ile give my UVC a try and report back

At the moment it appears that the FUAV version of UVC receiver is not seen by what ever driver system that QGroundcontrol application uses to view the video. So for now we are out of luck which sucks because Qgroundcontrol is awesome.

Don already looked into the issue and has no fix for it as it’s more system related and not app. Sadness

What I don’t understand is why other apps see the UVC receiver.

1 Like

Yea just tried and no luck,wounder if Cao could work his magic after CNY on QGround Control time will tell

Most likely because they are a native Android application that uses the Android apis directly. Whereas QGC is a C++ application which uses the Qt library to run on Android. If anyone wants to send me a UVC device which does not work I could take a look (PM me). But it’s likely not fixable.

1 Like

I have opened a bug report on Github and will offer up a UVC receiver for Don to experiment with should he need one.

1 Like