Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Wahooo got my T12 in just 17 days, a new world record for the Chinese mail system​:clap::clap::clap:.

To a more practical mode, everything seems great, the quality and the feel of the sticks is very nice.
I got the soft case, and everything is there.

Binding was very simple and setting the channels for my gimbal and lights, simple, so actually to be up and running is a matter of couple of hours.

I have not connected the camera yet, for some reason they sent me a regular camera though the product said “three body” camera, so to be on the safe side I ordered the regular camera, so now I have two of the same, the mysterious ways of AliExpress.

Found the thread on how to upgrade the firmware both on TX and RX very helpful. Upgrading the receiver is done thru the TX so it is very easy, great system.

Thank you all for all the work you did and the information and files, it surely helped me.

Gal.

Next, tests, WaHooooooo

2 Likes

Oops, tower is unable to connect.

I connected the USB from bottom left to the phone, tower start but shows the error connection failed.

Everything went so smooth so far, Any idea?

1 Like

Connect via Bluetooth?

Good luck.

1 Like

Though the unit is paired to the android with BT, onn the left side it shows only T10/T12 connect. I am missing something

1 Like

Congrats.
You download skydroid tower vers?

1 Like

Hi @cala2, thank you :pray:.
I have installed tower on my Android and also QGC.

The QGC works great but tower is not and I think that it should make sense to have someplace to configure the Bluetooth connection in Tower for it to use but I can’t find it.

The tower only shows on bottom left- connect. Button and a drop down to select the type of unit i.e t10/t12 but no Bluetooth connection

1 Like

You drop the tree points near connect? I just download the last vers, I give a try and comment if is still connecting well.

Yes, It work well with my M12 L, dont forget to turn on Bthoot (like me :flushed: ) try to unpaired your radio under the tree points and then paired again in Bt settings to see what happens. good luck.

1 Like

If you opened QGC first and connected then closed it and tried to connect with Tower, it’s possible that QGC is still running in the background and connected to the Tx. You may have to use Device Maintenance to actually close and shut off the app to be certain that it release its connection. You can also powercycle the tablet then connect to Tower first.

Good luck.

2 Likes

O.K, got it working.

@cala2 @rollys thank you for all the suggestions.

I have tried all the Tower versions in the repository and the one with the “debug” in its name works.

Now I need to check why the camera is not working.

It shows just one blurry image and though I tried changing its brightness and exposure nothing is changing.
Best,
Gal

1 Like

You have to use skydroid Tower from their page, are you choose that? The older vers doesnt work video, skydroid repair it

1 Like

Thanks @cala2 I tried all the versions in the DropBox which didn’t have an option to choose the Bluetooth connection.

Do you have the link to FUAV download page?

1 Like

http://app.xiaomi.com/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav&back=true&ref=mobileWeb
I hope this is.

1 Like

If you want to use qgc with fpv you can use this app Its run parallel with qgc http://app.xiaomi.com/details?id=com.shenyaocn.android.fuav&back=true&ref=mobileWeb

1 Like

Thanks @cala2, downloaded and installed latest Tower.

The funny thing was I needed to select the M12 and than the Bluetooth connection showed up.

I didn’t test yet, I will do it in the morning.

Thanks again for all your help.
Gal

2 Likes

Happy to say that everything is working flawlessly.

Running some tests. On the workbench and hopefully tomorrow, maiden flight for the t12…

2 Likes

Congrats, good luck with your first fly, share a pic :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @rickyg32, all,

I think this t12 user manual can be added to the DropBox repo.
Gal

1 Like

Well, the bad news, I crashed. The good news, it cost me 3 broken props and one of the new t12 antenna wire got disconnected from the antenna base.
All was fantastic, I initiated autotune an the quad behaved nicely until it dropped.

It has nothing to do with the t12, that’s for sure.
I upgraded to 3.6.10 so I believe that I misconfigured something.

Any way just before the crash I videoed just to share with you and when I stopped it crashed.

The video

1 Like

Done
Added it this morning.
Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like