Loiter acting up with Beta

@Quadzilla I just went to look at another one of your logs to try to understand what is happening and the log bitmask is not what I asked you to set again.

Can you please provide logs and summaries of logs all in one place so I don’t have to waste my time getting things second hand.

Sorry Leonard I not trying to waste anyone’s time.

I set this 9 days ago:

All the best. I just going to build a new frame with stiffer arms.

@Quadzilla, thanks for doing the test. This confirms that it is not an EKF2 vs EKF3 issue which cuts the problem down a lot in size.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the issue could be a feedback loop caused by the placement of the autopilot. I think maybe the autopilot is not at the center of rotation of the vehicle (maybe it is higher in the nose of the vehicle?) and the INS_POS_XYZ parameters haven’t been set.

We’ve got a wiki page here with some information on setting the sensor position offsets so maybe you could try setting these INS_POS_XYZ parameters?

No issues unless i am in Loiter mode.

The FC is just a few MM forwarded but good advice on moving the FC back.
The stabilize and Alt hold modes seem perfect so i going to call it a fluke.

I decided to give Beta 8 a try I sent logs to the Dev’s

My best course of action is to rebuild this experimental frame but add some extra girth to the arms , possibly move to 960 kv. motors. I will still need to rotate the FC to go the FBWA at some point.