Log file to pilot log

Hi can anyone recommend a free software to pull pilot and aircraft log information like flight times etc from the ardupilot logs?

Check the documentation regarding Logs, data falash logs and MissionPlanner
https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner.html

There’s also UAV Log viewer for online use

There’s probably a couple of MAVExplorer commands that would total time flying somewhat easily. Unfortunately, I’m not versed enough in its use to get there from here, but I hope someone can answer as to the possibility. It would be quite useful!

1 Like

Actually if you are just after flight time of a particular UAV/Flight controller in regards to keeping maintenance logs and similar, then there’s a parameter too:
STAT_FLTTIME
It is read-only, but it’s not permanent, so if you wipe and reconfigure the flight controller the STAT counts start over.

2 Likes

Hi Guys thank you for the responses.

I’m aware of the log viewer both in mission planner and online version. However I need to pull the following information from 100s of drones all connected via wifi over a router. Without downloading the logs as that would take too long.

Pull from each log file and populate a spreadsheet:

1. Date
  2. Start or Finish Time
  3. Duration of Flight
  4. Total Flight Time
  5. MavID

As I stated before I’m looking to automate this rather than manually download and interrogate each log file. This will be a custom programming job but I’d like to know if there is any open source out there that someone has started.