Log analysis after hard crash

Yeah sorry I thought you wrote Flame but I see it was Alpha. Same story though…

We have been flying alphas for a long time. What we learned was that you have to open the aluminum case and check the wires, capacitor, and soldering. Sometimes they come broken, specially the capacitor leg in the circuit board. Hope APD is more reliable, we are also looking forward to test it.

I have tested all motors on the bench before disassembling the quad. Sadly they work fine, both the motors and ESC-S. And when I say sadly I mean I still have no clue what happened on that flight that lead to the crash.
I took the esc apart and it seems to me that there is a fine solder job.
Pictures attached.
IMG_20220211_123636|375x500

It’s possible it just desynced, it’s common when trying to run really low kv motors. Shortening the motor wires can help but its something I have seen a few times with tmotor escs. I can’t say if they are bad or they are just common and I just hear about them more often but its known to happen.

I wonder what changes are made in their firmware when you select different Motor options? This is from a T-motor seller.
Flame firmware

1 Like

That’s interesting I have never seen motor specific firmware for an ESC, If this is the case for Tmotor escs then it would explain a lot.

Yea, actually I hadn’t either until I google searched those ESC’s. That retailer also says this:

What firmware do you prefer?
T-Motor factory can flash the firmware to work best with your motor (in the ALPHA ESC Recommendations list above), you can write down your motor model in the comment box when you checkout, we’ll tell T-motor factory.

Kind of skeptical that actually happens…

1 Like

Do they list different firmwares on the Tmotor site for the escs?

In my case, I bought the motors from a different vendor. When I ordered the ESC-s from the other vendor they asked what motors I intend to use with that specific esc. Then they flashed the correct firmware.

I was curious about this as well so I bought an esc flasher and indeed, when you connect them to the PC and run the software it was showing firmware for mn501s 360kv (the motors I was using).

So yes, apparently they do flash them, but i have no idea what changes inside the firmware with each different motor. Another interesting fact that I haven’t got a chance to test is that they said the alpha esc-s work only with specific tmotor motors.

1 Like

Firmware is selectable in the software used for flashing the esc after all the connections are done.
Search for Tmotor Data Link for more info.

1 Like

Can you see the settings used from the flasher software? Like BLHeliSuite shows.

Hi. I’ve had crash 3 times with MN501S . I believe there is problem on ESCs . Now ı am using MN6007II

This is my last crash : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZcC9rP2rlU5u-DnDr2m5UM3wQAagcUa-/view?usp=sharing

Yes, similar situation.

It looks that somehow you managed to land it safely, that is good.
What’s esc-s are you using with the mn6007II?

Presumably “Down in “ Flames as has been reported countless times on the forum here.

Unfortunately I was not able to land it safely. This is how it happened, while flying autonomously at a fixed height, it suddenly dropped about 30 meters and then recovered. I gave the RTL command too , when it came back I wanted to fly a little at a height of 5-6 m, it suddenly crashed while flying.

I am using now : 6007-X(Integrated Propulsion System)_Standard_Drone Arm Set_Combo Pack_T-MOTOR Store-Official Store for T-motor drone motor,ESC,Propeller

Thing is I started a while ago a 12s build using Tmotor combo pack like in the image below

Now i have second thoughts about my choice because it uses alpha esc.
Are the 60a HV ones susceptible to desync as the 40a LV ones?

if you choose the right propulsion system, there is no issue while all settings well did.
For safety, you can double check with info@tmotor.com for the drone project support.

Hi Geofrancis,

This firmware is not one what we think commonly like BLHeli.
That’s just what we call it as we set some mathematical models and made some adjustments, which make ESC more competitable for our motor and propeller. As we know, escs in market can be used for many motor brand with their high
compatibility, but we make it ALPHA more
compatitable according to our own motor and propeller. Do you get it what I’m trying to tell you ? If not, I’m looking forward to your next questions.