Lipo advice and low voltage alarm

I’m just starting out with a 3DR QuadCopter-C with 880kv motors, 20amp ESC’s and 11x4.7 props. What’s is the ideal lipo type you would recommend? I have the HP 3S 11.1V 2200mAh packs. What is the best solution to detect low voltage in flight? Thanks in advance.

Daedalus

For a battery with 880Kv motors I would suggest a 4000-5000mah to get better flight times.

The best solution for voltage monitoring would be to use the included APM power module that is included.

Otherwise you could simply buy a simple battery voltage alarm and plug that into your Lipo…

I use the same kind of lipo alarm too.

[color=#004000]Moved to Hardware/Quadcopter.
This is not a software question. Please post support requests to the apropiate subforums![/color]

Thanks for the advice. It’s been a while since I posted this. In the meantime, I ran across a forum comment suggesting better flight behavior for the 3DR Quad using 4S lipos vs 3S, presumably due to the higher voltage. So I purchased a few 4S 4500mAh packs, and am anxious to try them out, but I haven’t had a chance to do so yet.

I have been depending on the lady’s voice inside MP to warn me of the voltage level coming in via telemetry,
but I will purchase the lipo alarm as extra insurance.