Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

OK, provide address to me

1 Like

Hello,

I was folling the discussion, and found also that:
https://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-da16-16-channel-radio-controller.html
Is it a similar product?

Are you also providing digital video downlink capability? I am looking for a system with such capability on a compact form factor. Such as that example from your Youtube Channel:

Thanks!

Different products, that is a common model remote controller built in digital transmission. M12L is an integrated design. We also have another advanced product, T12, which is a digital video system. I need to step up a video to show you. :joy:

Great, Looking forward to see a video about he T12 Product.
Any documentation/ pricing about it?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Skydroid-Yunzhuo-M12L-30km-Digital-Remote-Control-Plant-Protection-Machine-Remote-Control-Waterproof-and-Dustproof-Unmanned/32920310221.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.12014c4dsCGR2u

Is this the T12L capable of video transition back to RC remote or the T12HD model? I havent see any test review and doc on the video capability yet, really curious to test on the Pixhawk2.1 for sure.

@ SKYDROID, do you have a test video?

Thanks guys!

Well, we only provide M12L at present, with video functions being temporarily raised in China only. I will provide video operation demonstration.

Looking forward to trying it

Ok I have my device on the work bench.
I have found out that the receiver only lights up when the transmitter is on. Not sure I like that, I would have expected it would flash red until the transmitter came on. But at least I know whats going on.

So the next question is what is the DC connection on the far right.

The other thing is you guys need your own support forum, this is the wrong place for it.

Wait a minute, the English version will be ready soon. I will send you an email.

Ok well I have the receiver connected to a flight controller. This is good
I have the Assistance app connected now. This is good
I get telemetry on the tower app. This is good
I am able to run the Assistance with no issues, This is good

I dont’ get any signal at the flight controller
no SBUS signal. Will look at it more tomorrow.
I need to know what setting the hand is. I have never heard of that. I think you might be talking about the Transmitter Mode
A Mode 2 RC transmitter controls the aileron (roll) and elevator (pitch) with the right hand, while the rudder (yaw) and throttle are controlled by the pilot’s left hand. Mode 1 moves the throttle function to the right stick and the elevator control to the left stick.

I found your Chinese manual and translated it thats gotten me a bit farther along.

I have an issue with the throttle stick
it is at center which is a concern that the machine when armed woudl then go to 50% throttle,
thats bad.

also what are these parts.

So I got my unit out of the packaging this morning.
Here are my observations, questions and limited conclusions.

Observations
First the Aliexpress documentation shows a soft sided carrying case. I was surprised to find it was a hard sided case, this is good.
The case had a broken leg and a large dent in the frame, this is bad.
But the contents appeared unaffected, this is good.

Aliexpress documentation shows two types of antennas. One the standard rubber ducky antenna and the second being a shorter 2.4ghz antenna. The rubber ducky types are to large and heavy for a copter and so I wanted to use the smaller antennas
but they didn’t come with the unit. Not sure if this is an oversight or what.

But would prefer the smaller antenna, see image below.

I also got what looked like a patch antenna. I assume its for the receiver but there is no documentation so far so not sure.

The units plastic flexible covers on the sticks where pushed down. That was easy to correct, i just pulled them back up with tweezers.
The real concerning item is that the throttle stick is on a spring and set to center. My concern with that is that the machine when armed would go to half throttle right away. That would not be good. So any feedback on that would be appreciated.
There is a joystick for gimbal control. Thats awesome
I like that idea.
The documentation doesn’t show it but there is a telemetry connecting cable thats supplied, this is goodness.

There are these strange black metal collars. I have no idea what they are for.
There are also some weird metal strips and screws
no clue what they are for, I suspect they are alternate joystick tips
I have not tried it out to see.

Questions.

1. Can I get the other antenna version, the smaller set.
  2. What are the black metal collars for.
  3. What are the small metal strips and screws for.
  4. Can the throttle stick be adjusted such that its down and not half throttle,.
  5. How do you turn it on. Right now if I press power the 4 leds light up for 2 seconds and go out. Not sure if there is a press and hold or a press two buttons
Whats the secret. Update it looks like its a press then press and hold like the mavic tx works.
  6. how do you know its charged.

Conclusions.
So far I like what I see. I have it charging right now and will see about playing with it more in the coming days. There is documentation coming and so I suspect a lot of my questions will be answered shortly.
IT feels good in my hand, the controls are easy to reach and the unit isn’t heavy.
I can’t say I would recommend the unit just yet but that’s because it’s early days and I have a lot to learn about it. But Skydroid has been very helpful so far and I expect they will continue to be.

Just wait. Many picture words need to be processed.

SKYDROID-M12L INSTRUCTION.pdf (870.3 KB)
beta ver

1 Like

QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20181108141904 QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20181108141958

I am also joining for testing crew. Just read notifications made by Ricky and asked smaller antennas for Rx. Before I have tested ulrs with pixhawk so this m12l setup is little bit different. There is dedicated software available for Android used with M12L but is it possible to use other apps too? for example qroundcontrol ?

Device helpers - the software only sets some remote control parameters. Open when necessary. Does not affect the connection of other software. QGC, tower, missionplanner

@SKYDROID
Hello there my friend. Have you ever seen the test and long range flights of @Arxangel.
Check out his youtube channel (ArxangelRC) and see how many companies send him items for reviews and what his ranges are at the moment. https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxangelxr i dont know if its allowed to share his channel and if its not i will remove, but i think he is a good option that is followed by many long rangers to show your product.

Good morning.
So I have no issues now connecting the app, I can configure it.
But I still get no SBUS output to the flight controller. Very odd.
I know the receiver is working as I connected a server up and it works fine. Something is wrong.

Also what are these for. I am assuming they are stick knobs but want to confirm.
2018_11_07_08_54_31_Skydroid_Yunzhuo_M12L_30km_Digital_Remote_Control_Plant_Protection_Machine_Remot%20d

I think if I can solve this SBUS issue then I am off and running. But right now I am at a loss to understand why its not working. I have triple checked the connections. all good.
But still no rc in from the receiver is being seen by the flight controller. What am I missing,

I will do another video to show people how to connect and so on. but if this sbus doesn’t work its a problem.
Also the receiver with the other antenna. I want those antennas. How do I get a set.
Or can I just replace the antenna with other ones.

Also in North America we don’t call it the Hand we call it Mode. Most pilots fly mode 2 in North America.

Do you have your SBus well configure?http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-sbus-out.html
Which connectors have the receiver antennas? with same frecuency you can try with different ones or customize ones with a measure tool.
ThankÂŽs for reports, anxious to have mine :slight_smile: