Landing gear on AUX port

The 1250 and 1750 are just standard PWM values for the landing gear.With your Taranis you could set 1000 and 2000 without a problem.Or 1510 and 1530.Either value will work as your radio goes below and above both values.

Never measured PWM.

What are you using to feed power to the landing gear unit ?

Have tried all these 3s Lipo’s

still no luck , Does the pixhawk need to be fully armed in order for the AUX port to function ?

How could I test the controller TL8X002 using another RC RX ?

You could run a lead direct from the RX if it has PWM output.I’ve done it before but you lose any auto mode activation.It’s ok for a test though.

The TL8X002 takes 3-6S feed for power and the LED wil flash quickly if it has no signal from the RX/FC

3, the receiver connection instructions: initial power-up if there is no receiver signal, the indicator flashes rapidly until the receiver detects the signal.

Once it gets a signal the flashing slows down.In operation the LED is solid and goes out when deployed or at rest.Allegedly. (from the Tarot website).I feed mine direct from the power distribution board running at 6S.

So it looks like you have no signal out from AUX1 as you have the fast flashing.Try it in channel 7 output from the RX.I run a signal and grouind to AUX1 and have the slow flashing blue light.Test yours to see if the unit is functioning using the RX and we’ll go from there.

1 Like

Affirmative: Connecting a regular RX using (channel 2 ) works. Blue light flashing slowly and after pulling the stick over 1500us activates the landing gear.

Did I mention I was controlling the Pixhawk with PPM ? Could it be that which is preventing the functionality??

Nope.PPM, in PWM out.

Have you tried plugging in to Channel 7 output rather than an AUX port ?

Are you running a ground lead as well as signal ?

It’s pretty certain that you not getting a signal to the unit.It’s powered up fine and doing what it should without a signal.It also does the right thing when given a signal.Maybe try a different lead as well as concentrating on channel (and servo) 7.

1 Like

YES, if you have the safety button it must be enabled before you get any output to the Aux ports.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2838997-Pixhawk-Advanced-features-for-beginners-Landing-Gear-and-Retracts#post36941449

1 Like

Re: PPM yeh that’s exactly what I thought

Although I think I already tried, I’ll give CH7 a go because you might just be right

Still no go -_- Tried everything you have mentioned so far …

Crap.

Drag the latest log off it and post it here.I’ll see if I can see something.

1 Like

apmlog_20180504.txt (107.9 KB)
apmlog_20180502.txt (291.9 KB)
apmlog_20180501.txt (369.1 KB)

504 (top) : Now / today
502 : May 2nd
501 : May 1st

Those appear to be some sort of APM Planner log.We need to see datafash logs from the copter really.Mission Planner won’t open those and the text is useless for diagnosis unless you’re a developer I guess.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

That’s weird.

Take the sdcard out and read them straight off it.

https://mega.nz/#F!94RxnLqD

PW: !MoVxkfkIDFMU2WSwDhdFTQ

Quite a list.

Working on log 65 I see you’re still on 3.4.6 so different to mine on 3.5.5.The only thing I can see in that log is that there is no activity or calibration on channel 7 of the transmitter.

PARM, 40588567, RC7_MIN, 1500
PARM, 40588589, RC7_TRIM, 1504
PARM, 40588664, RC7_MAX, 1504

You need to move that switch in whilst in radio calibration to activate it.No activity on RCOUT 9 either of course.Nothing going in means nothing coming out.

Ahh I think you may have solved this little pickle ! Thanks ill give that a go when I get back to work tomorrow

Hi Jagger,

I did a fresh RC Calibration and made sure to cycle the CH7 switch past 1520us and back…

Tested both AUX 1&2 plus Channel 7 with no luck

I also just tried to pull a new log from the microSD and I noticed that the last available is 1 May for some reason :thinking:

Im baffled

Enable logging while disarmed

LOG_DISARMED = 1

That way you should get dataflash logs whenever the pixhawk is powered up.

1 Like

Done, Still no new LOG ; (

Maybe also reset all to defaults and start over, or at least check the logging values:
LOG_BACKEND_TYPE = 1
LOG_BITMASK = 894 (or more)

Otherwise probably time to reformat that memory card, or get another.

1 Like