Kakute f7 AIO and arducopter 3.6

with an initial untuned model it is difficult to expect the whole autotune process to complete clean from a first try.

as you get closer to proper pids - the faster process will go, so it helps to cut process into pieces, i usually first do pitch tune - by altering the autotune_axes param - then roll, and after that set it to 7 and run the whole thing.

speaking of kakute - always mount FC on mateks rubber posts (or similar) - it works the best this way, to have double isolation of the IMU.
cannot find good set on amazon now, find same but with a 10 or 15 posts in a set.

it is very important to have this done as real vibrations you will get when this model starts going full throttle at 20-30 m/s. if vibrations are not checked - in the pos hold it may end up giving full throttle to all motors and propelling into the sky, so, have a kill switch handy or switch to stab mode immediately to counteract that.

like this, for an example. FC sits firm, but on rubber posts. too much flex is also bad.

M3 standoffs:

I actually suspended it on rubber o-rings on all 4 corners and put some earplugs on the bottom and foam on top. Will take a picture later.

Do you use 4-in-1 ESC? Where are you connecting it?

Paul…I wonder if you could repost those files…the Google Drive links are dead. Thanks.

Bill

Hey Guys,
I plan to build a 3d printed mavic clone. Therefore I would to connect a benewake lidar. It this possible with the kakute f7?
Thank you

It’s a UART interface right? Why not?

I think so, because you can flash ArduCopter in Kakute F7 and it supports Benewake TFMini LiDAR. I will try with mine today and I can answer you more precisely…

Dear Dave and Ricardo, thank you for your answers.
If you could test it, that would be great. Thanks.

Best wishes

Hi, friend.
Yes, it works okay.
I’ve just installed it in my micro-quad prototype and it is okay.
Good luck there…

Has anyone made LED pin work? Looks like ArduCopted supports WS leds now, I was wondering if it’s possible to hook one up to LED pin.

can anybody please guide me to connect a LED to F7.

You can enable the LED pin the hwdef.

I put them in for a octocopter build, should work for WS leds also. Note that the only way to use WS leds is via scripting currently and the KakuteF7 does not have enough flash for scripting.

Thank You sir.

Doesn’t it work like a standard LED on Pixhawk by default?

I think that is the idea but your results might vary, its still very new,

Probably strange question, but… Is there much difference in having 2Mb flash vs 1Mb?
It looks like STM32F745VG processor on Kakute F7 board is fully pin-compatible with STM32F765VI at the first glance and I was wondering it it’s worth it trying to desolder original processor and solder another one. Obviously definitions would need to be changed, but it should not be much, should it?

Hi

You can see : https://q.com/flash-ardupilot-kakute-f4-f7-fc/

I use this how to the first time. After you can use MP

Regards

There are some features that currently are not supported with 1MB. LUA scripting is one.