Issue Loading Firmware

I have a brand new Ardupilot 2.6 and I am attempting to load APM:Rover firmware v2.43 from Mission Planner v1.2.88. When I select the rover it detects board version (~2min), then downloads from Internet, then starts to read hex. The install crashes during the hex read every time I have attempted the installation. Usually this occurs ~75% of the way through, sometimes as early as 50% completed. The error states connection loss.

I am running Win7 64bit and COM10 (USB)

Is there something I should be doing differently?

@NEMESIS9,
From your description, it sounds like you are doing it correctly though it should not take ~2 min to determine the board version.
In the COM port window does it say COM10 Arduino Mega 2560 COM(10)?
Per the MP instructions, you should not have a MavLink connection established prior to trying to download firmware to the APM.
You might try using a powered USB hub as some PC USB ports cannot supply enough current to the APM and it results in voltage sag at the APM connection.
Also, you might try a different PC or try a different USB cable.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

[quote=“TCIII”]@NEMESIS9,
From your description, it sounds like you are doing it correctly though it should not take ~2 min to determine the board version.
In the COM port window does it say COM10 Arduino Mega 2560 COM(10)?
Per the MP instructions, you should not have a MavLink connection established prior to trying to download firmware to the APM.
You might try using a powered USB hub as some PC USB ports cannot supply enough current to the APM and it results in voltage sag at the APM connection.
Also, you might try a different PC or try a different USB cable.
Regards,
TCIII Developer[/quote]

The COM window just says COM10, in Device Manager I do see Arduino Mega 2560 on COM10 under USB.

MavLink is not connected. I have tried multiple ports on the same computer. I will try a different PC/USB cable in the morning and will post the results.

@NEMESIS9,
The MP Com port window should say COM10 Arduino 2560 (COM10) so there is a definite disconnect between MP and the USB connection descriptions in the Device Manager.
You might try reinstalling (updating) the MP device drivers by pointing the drivers update function to the MP drivers folder.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

It must have been a USB power issue, switched to a different system and it loaded without issue.