Issue building/compiling 3DR solo code

Hi guys,

I’m currently trying to build the supplied code for the 3DR solo arducopter, but I’m getting an error in compilation.

To give you my process in case I’ve messed something up, I’ve cloned:
github.com/3drobotics/ardupilot-solo/1
github.com/3drobotics/PX4Firmware-solo
github.com/diydrones/PX4NuttX
into a directory and renamed PX4Firmware-solo to PX4Firmware.

I then run ‘make px4-v2’ or ‘make px4’ from the arudpilot-solo/ArduCopter directroy and the build proceeds for a while before getting the error:

/Users/Joey/GitHub/soloTest/ardupilot-solo/libraries/AP_NavEKF/AP_NavEKF.cpp: In member function ‘void NavEKF::CovariancePrediction()’:
/Users/Joey/GitHub/soloTest/ardupilot-solo/libraries/AP_NavEKF/AP_NavEKF.cpp:1901:1: error: the frame size of 2256 bytes is larger than 1300 bytes [-Werror=frame-larger-than=]
}
^
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [libraries/AP_NavEKF/AP_NavEKF.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/Users/Joey/GitHub/soloTest/PX4Firmware/Build/px4fmu-v1_APM.build//Users/Joey/GitHub/soloTest/ardupilot-solo/module.pre.o] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/Users/Joey/GitHub/soloTest/PX4Firmware/Build/px4fmu-v1_APM.build/firmware.px4] Error 2
make: *** [px4-v1] Error 2

Is there anything wrong with my build process here? Or does anybody know a fix for this? Any help would be really appreciated!

I was having the same problem.

For me the issue was addressed by using the most recent version of gcc-arm, available at launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/ … -q3-update

Be sure you uninstall any previous versions to avoid ambiguity.

1 Like

Ghines you are an absolute saviour. Homebrew doesn’t pull the latest version, this fixed it right up.

1 Like