Is RSSI_PIN broken in 3.01?

Having a problem with my APM 2.6 with Arducopter 3.01.

I want to change the RSSI_PIN to something other than 8 so I can still use the external LEDs.

However when I change this value to 9 or 10 (and press enter and write params) and then move my RSSI signal to those inputs, I don’t get any value read in MP nor onscreen with my MinimOSD-Extra 2.4.

If I change RSSI_PIN back to 8 (and ensure LED_MODE is 0), write params, it works just fine.

Is the RSSI_PIN setting broken in 3.01?

Secondly, will there be parameters added to allow setting the RSSI_MAX_VOLTAGE to handle Rx’s that only output 3.3v for max signal?

Thanks
Tim

@Tim,
I took this from the Arducopter Wiki: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … ilization/

:black_medium_small_square:For APM 2.x: ch5, ch6, ch7, ch8, ch9, ch10 and/or ch11 (Note ch9, ch10 & ch11 have a factory trace connecting to the correct digital out pin for servo or relay).
:black_medium_small_square:For the APM 2.x board for ch9, ch10 and/or ch11 ensure that the jumper trace(s) on the bottom of the board have not been cut and that they have not been re-jumpered for analog use.
This might explain your problem with ch9 and ch10.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Thanks for the pointer there! I found more info from the Camera Gimbal section (never thought to look there since I’m not using one):

:black_medium_small_square:The A0 – A11 I/O connector cannot supply sufficient power for servos.
:black_medium_small_square:A9, A10 and A11 of the I/O connector come pre-wired to correct digital out for use as servo control lines.
:black_medium_small_square:For servo use, it is imperative that they have not been reassigned to analog use with the pads on the back of the APM board.

Mission Planner should have a note or prevent by default the selection of A9 to A11 unless overridden (and explained why). Another project for me… lol.

Thanks
Tim

Well that didn’t quite work out… with RSSI connected to A8 and LED_MODE set to 0, my GPS would not work (status was 1 as well).

Removed the RSSI connection, repower and GPS working again.

Moved the RSSI connection to A5, fixed RSSI_PIN and now I can see both GPS and RSSI.

I can’t find a reference yet to why the GPS wanted A8 but I’ll keep digging.