IRIS Crashed because the motor mount screws vibrated out

Teamoto. I agree with ya. I did the same as you, but I also called with the order number, and told them make sure you send the mounting screws. But as they did with you, they did with me. Forgot. I did get an email late Friday evening saying that they were out of stock with the mounting screws. LOL go down to the local hardware store and buy a box !!

Btw, Make sure the screws u put in are stainless. If you ever put in fpv, magnetic screws could cause interference problems. even with the pixhawk.

No I get your irritated about the missing screws, its the fact that you would call your cc company and request a charge back on $750 and do what? Send your iris back to 3dr?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kightrider. I am not going to send it back unless I have huge problems. I was pissed that day that I knew I was going all over gust for find the screws. I ordered them from McMaster Carr knowing that they were not going to send them. The screws will be here today. SS ones… I just wanted to fly this weekend while I had the time.

Again getting back to the point. McMaster Carr ships to almost the next day. And they are out of stock. Again WTF.

I run 3 companies and if this happen to one of my customers it would be all over the web.

Note: I was able to get 5 successful flights in yesterday. I had one hiccup but I think it was the trim. It wanted to tack off in arm mode.

Just spoke to 3DR today regarding IRIS motor screws and it was admitted today that the screws are not long enough and tightening them strips them out. There are replacing all of their current stock of IRIS with the new longer screws.

I am waiting for my new parts to come in. After speaking with management they credited me back for my time. The length of the screws is “not” the problem. They thread all the way through. It is the Loctite. You will need the Loctite no mater the screw length.

That right! I noticed that I had a mixture of 8mm and 10mm long screws in mine. It must of been left over day when mine was on the assembly ramp. LOL, Didn’t matter though cause only one screw had Loctite on it when I removed the screws out off the other three motors.