Intermittent thrust loss on X8 with T-Motor Flame 80A ESC and U10-II Motors

Hi,
I just finished some first flights with a new heavy-lifting X8 copter (FoxtechFPV D130 X8, Cube Orange, T-MOTOR 80 ESC, T-MOTOR U10-II, 28’x8’ props). The copter flies very well, but in the throttle range slightly above hovering, I could hear a strange noise at a lower frequency than the usual noise from the propellers. I then did a motor test, with the copter secured to the grounds and props still on to inspect the problem. I found one motor skipping or dropping out intermittently (only for some 1/100 sec I would say) in the throttle range above ~50%, a bit like an intermittent misfire on a combustion engine. I then repeated the motor test without (went up to 90% throttle) and with a different prop without making the same observation. When flying with the new prop, however, the problem seemed to be back again, although it felt like the strange noise was weaker. To my knowledge, it is not possible to get ESC telemetry from the Flame ESCs, so I would not know how to further narrow down the problem. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Stephan

1 Like

@khancyr yet another “customer” for T-Motor telemetry :wink:

@SKral post a .bin file

1 Like

@amilcarlucas could you provide further detail about this t-motor telemetry? Thanks!

It’s been a feature request since FEB19
T-Motor ESC Telemetry

Thanks @dkemxr!

I was aware of this feature request, I was just wondering about some kind of new hardware as the T-motor datalink.

I think it’s this Datalink for Alpha ESC’s being considered:
Datalink V2

1 Like

the idea would be to have an AP_Periph doing the datalink job, or some input possible on a commun FCU.

1 Like

@khancyr I think it would be easier to use the Datalink V2. The users that use these big motors and ESCs have enough money to pay 100$ for the Datalink V2. So I think it makes sense to directly support it instead of duplicating it’s functionality

1 Like

datalink is an usb slave, we won’t be able to plug is on fcu

It has a serial and CAN output.

1 Like

+1 to support this device. It would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like