INS_PRODUCT_ID on APM1

Nice!

Thank you!

OSD seams much faster now! :slight_smile:

Did not fly it yet, only uploaded and configured some of the new things.
Can’t wait to try!

While i was going trough parameters, have noticed that, INS_PRODUCT_ID reads 0 on my APM 1.4 and it seams that i can change it.

Is it normal?

Thx,

Gábor

[quote=“gabek”]Nice!
While i was going trough parameters, have noticed that, INS_PRODUCT_ID reads 0 on my APM 1.4 and it seams that i can change it.
[/quote]
On a 2560 based APM1.4 board the INS_PRODUCT_ID should be 2. If you change it then it will change back when you next reset the board.
Unfortunately you can’t upgrade your hardware by setting that parameter :slight_smile:
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tridge”][quote=“gabek”]Nice!
[/quote]
On a 2560 based APM1.4 board the INS_PRODUCT_ID should be 2. If you change it then it will change back when you next reset the board.
Unfortunately you can’t upgrade your hardware by setting that parameter :slight_smile:
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]

:smiley:

Sure,

But it reads 0, even after a factory reset, end erase.

Also i think i can change it, and it keeps the value.

Does it has an effect on anything?
If not, i will not care, but go fly! :slight_smile:

Thx,
Gábor

That’s very strange! I just tested on a APM1 1.4 board and it gave 2.
Is there any chance you’ve loaded the HIL firmware? That would give 0.
If not, can you post a tlog?
Cheers, Tridge

Hi Andrew,

I can also give you direct access to my PC using a VNC or teamviewer, if needed.

I use Mission Planner 1.2.84 build 1.1.5044.12328

Reuploaded FW again, just to make sure, that i did everything right, and can reproduce the problem.

unfortunately i was able to.

Here are the steps i did:

1./
erase than resest

2./
Upload FW

3./
checked the parameter.
It is 0

Thx for your attention Andrew!

If you need direct access i will get home around 17:00 GMT

My skype is: gabeki_l

Thx again,
Gábor

Hi Gabek,
Thanks for the logs. I’ve worked out how this happens and I’ll fix in git master. Basically on your board the delay we do to print “beginning INS calibration; do not move plane” is long enough for MAVLink to transfer the uninitialised INS_PRODUCT_ID.
The bug is harmless, so I think it’s fine for you to fly. Thanks for telling me though!
Cheers, Tridge

Nice!

Thx Tridge!

This means that i will fly your new FW this weekend!

Cant wait!

Gábor