Hi, everyone. Just few questions about skid steer setup, because I’m not sure I’m doing it right.
What I want: I want to control my tank style platform in a tanks style way. One rc control stick controls left track, another stick controls right track. My setup: RC control unit (planty of channels), tank-style platform.
I’ve made setup according to Rover 3.2 guide for skid steering. Param PILOT_STEER_TYPE set to 1, SERVO1_FUNCTION set to 73, SERVO3_FUNCTION set to 74.
What I got with such params:
- (I’m using servos for testing) left stick all way down, right stick in middle, ch1out 1500, ch3out 1500.
- both stick in middle, ch1out 1400, ch3out 1800.
- left stick all way up, right stick in middle, ch1out 1360, ch3out 1900.
- right stick all way up, left stick in middle, ch1out 1900, ch3out 1580.
- right stick all way down, left stick in middle, ch1out 1100, ch3out 1740. With a sudden peak on both channels to opposite side.
So both servos react on each control stick. And as I understand tank control, each stick for each servo, right?
I know it’s 3.2 thread, but I’ve tried 3.1.1 also and it behaves way better.
I put both params SKID_STEER_IN and SKID_STEER_OUT to 1 (first for RC tank control, second for tank style platform). But doesnt seems like SKID_STEER_IN affects on anything.
With this params control is way more adequate than in 3.2. Ranges are much bigger. No sudden peak jumps in signal. Here’s what I got:
- left stick all way down, right stick in middle, ch1out 1100, ch3out 1100.
- both stick in middle, ch1out 1500, ch3out 1500.
- left stick all way up, right stick in middle, ch1out 1900, ch3out 1900.
- right stick all way up, left stick in middle, ch1out 1750, ch3out 1240.
- right stick all way down, left stick in middle, ch1out 1240, ch3out 1750.
So yes, it control, but not the way tank controls:) Still, one stick controlls throttle of both sides, and another just accelerate/decelerate motors for turns.
Is there a mixer somewhere I am missing to change? My RC has no mixers, each channel in independent.
Addition. I’ve missed, that only one SKID param should be set. So now it works as intended. Anyway, 3.2.0 FW doesn’t work as it should with a skid control.