How to cut down messages send by ardupilot?

Hello,
I am working with a multiple drones net and i need to try out if i can cut down the number of messages sent to free the bandwidth.
For what i know the drone send messages even when mission planner do not request to do it
How could i reduce the message sending of the drone? Where in the code or where can i start to investigate?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Daniel,

i think what you are looking for is the datarate for telemetry.

You can adjust that with Mission Planner like it is explaned in the Docs.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-mission-planner-telemetry-logs.html#setting-the-datarate

Cheers

Hi Linus, thanks for respond.
I have seen this solution before but for what i know there is some messages that are sent independent of Mission Planner. I would like to know if i can modify or delete those messages.

Regards.

Hi, I think I found the solution to my question.

In ArduCopter/GCS_Mavlink.cpp in void Copter::mavlink_delay_cb() we can alter the miliseconds in which the message HeartBeat will be sent as well as the Status Text message, however, this is not useful because the HeartBeat should not be shortened. What i wanted to know is if reduce messages from firmware is viable and this so not seem viable so my question is resolved, thanks for your attention and I hope this can help someone with the same question.

Regards.

1 Like

In ArduCopter/GCS_Mavlink.cpp in void Copter::mavlink_delay_cb() we can
alter the miliseconds in which the message HeartBeat will be sent as well as
the Status Text message, however, this is not useful because the HeartBeat
should not be shortened. What i wanted to know is if reduce messages from
firmware is viable and this so not seem viable so my question is resolved,
thanks for your attention and I hope this can help someone with the same
question.

Is modifying the streamrate parameters not sufficient for your needs?

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#sr0-parameters