Servers by jDrones

How to cross-compile QGroundControl for Raspberry Pi3

(anon67614380) #15

That would be great thanks.

Corrado

(alexxtasi) #16

Hi there
I borrowed a laptop and tried again (installed Ubuntu 16.04 64bit)
Unfortunately the exact same error occurred !
when running:

../qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.3/configure -opengl es2 -device linux-rasp-pi3-vc4-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -sysroot /opt/qt5pi/sysroot -prefix /usr/local/qt5pi -opensource -confirm-license -skip qtwebengine -skip qtscript -nomake tests -nomake examples -no-use-gold-linker -make libs -v

after several line of output, this is printed:

Info: creating super cache file /opt/qt5pi/qt5build/.qmake.super
Command line: -opengl es2 -device linux-rasp-pi3-vc4-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -sysroot /opt/qt5pi/sysroot -prefix /usr/local/qt5pi -opensource -confirm-license -skip qtwebengine -skip qtscript -nomake tests -nomake examples -no-use-gold-linker -make libs -v
Project ERROR: Cannot run target compiler 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++'. Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?

I think I run the commands correctly…
is there any test I should do ?

(davidbitton) #17

How is the performance? Can I use a joystick to control the craft via telemetry and QGC? Is there a “SiK radio” shield for RiP or is USB the way to go?

(Aleksander) #18

Hi!

These instructions are now obsolete due to a change in QT version for QGCS. I’m working on making new instructions. I tried joystick with the old version, it worked, but without buttons. I’ve read that buttons should work with QGSC and Ardupilot now

(davidbitton) #19

thanks for the update

(Tuan D Luong) #20

Is it possible to build this with older versions of Qt and Qgroundcontrol to overcome the problems with newer versions? Appreciate your efforts

(Wolfgang Mueller) #21

Is there any news on this topic? In my opinion with the new Raspberry Pi 4 it´s hotter than ever.

(Konstantin Petrykin) #22

Hello!

I’ve tried to build QGC master by the beginnigs of July, which requires Qt 5.11.3.
I get 5.12.0 (because there’s no “single” “qt-everywhere” for 5.11.3).
Build process ended just fine, but when i try to run this QGC on RPi, it says me “illegal instructions”.

So, my question is: “what obvious mistakes are in my build try?” Maybe there is no chances to succes with that Qt version?

Thanks!

(Wolfgang Mueller) #23

This https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.11/5.11.3/single/ does not help?

(Konstantin Petrykin) #24

Thanks @Seeelefant! I think the problem is not in Qt version, but in the Qt compilation process.
I’m trying this tutorial: https://mechatronicsblog.com/cross-compile-and-deploy-qt-5-12-for-raspberry-pi/
There is a little bit different rpi device in configuration string.

(Wolfgang Mueller) #25

Thanks @kpetrykin, please keep me in the loop. I am strongly interested in this topic. Is it only a problem with cross-compilation? Couldn´t this be solved by using the new Raspberry 4B natively?

(Sajjad Rahnama) #26

Finally i can build on raspberry pi 3 B+ with this configuration(after a lot of errrorrrrrrrr…):
Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS
Rasp 2019-07-10-raspbian-buster-full.zip OS
qt-everywhere-src-5.11.3.zip
Qt Creator 5.11.3

(Aleksander) #27

Nice! How does the menus work now?

Alex

(Sajjad Rahnama) #28

everything its fine.
I dont have any problem with menus , It looks like I’m working with Android but performance not good :rage::rage::rage:

(Aleksander) #29

Hmmm… Are you running the app embedded or within X?

(Sajjad Rahnama) #30

@JAR4x4 i use embedded

(Aleksander) #31

@SajyBug thats nice. It was not verry slow when I got it to work the first time.

Can you post how you got it to work?

Alex

(Konstantin Petrykin) #32

@SajyBug, what toolchain did you use for cross-compile?

(Sajjad Rahnama) #33

@kpetrykin @JAR4x4
I didn’t do any extra work.I just changed the Qt version and rasp version.
every step of my cross complie its same as you explain in this post

(Aleksander) #34

@SajyBug ok! I will try on a RPi 4 as soon as I can get my hands on one. If that works with ok performance we need to make a ready to go image so more people can test this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes