Holybro 3DR Pixhawk mini & CUAV Pixhack V3x - Unsure which firmware to use fmuv3 or Pixhawk1

Hello

I am not sure which firmware I shoud use on the following FC

1. Holybro 3DR Pixhawk mini (rev3, no 1M limit) fmuv3 or Pixhawk1
  2. CUAV Pixhack V3x - fmuv3 or Pixhawk1

Can someone please help and explain also what is the difference in the firmware: fmuv3 vs. Pixhawk 1 as the size is also different

Would be good to explain once in the manual.

Thank you and best regards

Harald

Good day, as you have mentioned for your Holybro 3DR Pixhawk mini you can flash the version fmuv3, and you can do the same for your Pixhack V3x.
Both have the STM32F427vit6 so you dont have the limitation of 1mb on it

Is there a difference between fmuv2 and fmuv3? On the Px4 there are mentioned on top fmuv2 ans scrolling down something about the fmuv3.
On my pixhawk mini qgroundcontrol flashes fmuv2

well… FMUv2 is litimited to 1mb firmware flash while the FMUv3 is double flash 2mb., so also the code is different…

1 Like

What is the difference between:
fmuv3 vs. Pixhawk1
fmuv2 vs. Pixhawk1_1M

Which one should be used: fmuv… or Pixhawk…?

BR

Harald

Good day, pixhawk its the board… Pixhawk1_1M have the limitation of 1mb for firmware flash, pixhawk FMUv3 don’t have the limitation of 1mb… coz the mcu is capable for 2mb firmware flash.
If your board have the stm32f427vit6 rev3 you can flash the FMUv3

1 Like

Hi Dave

Thanks for your answer. I try ro make my question mor clear:
There is a firmware available called fmuv3 and one called Pixhawk1. Which one to use? Are both suitable for Pixhawks without the 1M limitation? What is the difference
The same, there is a firmware availabe called fmuv2 and one called Pixhawk1_1M. Which one to use. Are both suitable for Pixhawks with the 1M limitation. What is the difference?

Which one should be used: fmuv… or Pixhawk…?

BR

Harald

fmuv3 is suitable for the boards with the stm32f427vit 6 rev 3 like mro x2.1…pixhawk etc, coz the last and more recent MCU can handle firmware flash of 2MB.
Fmuv2 is suitable for boards that flash is 1MB.
So…Pixhawk1_1M is fmuv2…like pixfalcon.
FMUv2 is the same of the FMUv3 but fmuv3 the flash is 2MB.
in Pixhawk1_1M you must flash FMUV2 and not the FMUV3.
Pixhawk1 and Pixhawk1_1M are not totally the same…code and integrations is different