I would like to set up a HIL or SITL with Matlab simulation the airplane equations of motion in order to test a python script to be executed on a Pixhawk board. Any help in getting started would be greatly appreciated!
I have previously set up a HIL sim with X-plane and an APM board, but nothing using the Pixhawk.
What I know:
I know the current version of arduplane won't support HIL sims, I also know that HIL sims may be prohibitively slow, so SITL may be preferential, although I have zero experience with SITL.
What I'd like to know:
1) What version of arduplane should I be using?
2) The code i'm testing is going to be a low level controller, can HIL handle this, or should I be attempting SITL?
3) are the required serial outputs and inputs listed somewhere so that I know what Matlab will be taking in / putting out?
4) Do I need to modify the arduplane code in any way other than the HIL_MODE line?
5) Any other resources to help get me started?