Hereflow sensor test

Hi I just done my 1st test of the Hex HereFlow,it was good except when I switch to optiflow the quad was really nervous for about 15/20 secs then settle down nice and held position well this was over gras at about head height with a lidar fitted

@MartyMcFly,

Good news. Was it in FlowHold or Loiter mode that it was acting nervous?

I hope to start some work on improving non-GPS navigation a bit in the near future and we have one fix from @chobitsfan to fix the fallback from GPS to optical flow. I’m also interested to test if a copter with GPS + optical flow has a more solid horizontal position (hovering in Loiter mode) than a copter with GPS only.

1 Like

Hi Randy,thank you for that,it was in FlowHold mode,am going to look at flowholp parameters later and see what to play with.

@MartyMcFly,

I think FlowHold often has problem estimating the vehicle’s altitude. This mode has a small estimator that tries to estimate the vehicle’s altitude and velocity using just the flow sensor and this is quite dependent upon the lag of the sensor. This mode was designed and tuned for the SkyViper so I worry a bit that it will take some effort to get it working well for other sensors and frames.

Anyway, I guess a good place to start is looking at the FHXY onboard log message and see how close it’s altitude estimate (the “Hest” column) is to reality.

1 Like

Just an update Randy ive got my cheerson to try along side the HereFlow and can compare logs of the FHXY - hest may be a week or so

1 Like

I just got mine working today. It behaves about the same as Marty’s. I changed the x and y scaler to -80 to try to get it to match with the gyro a bit more. From what I can tell it does improve horizontal position hold when in loiter. My back yard has bad GPS reception. Despite an HDOP of 1.5 it held position very well with the hereflow enabled.

1 Like

Did you ever get to do a side by side test of the cheerson and the hereflow?

Hi,ive not really done to much with it,but things are getting easier to get out now,just got couple minor health probs,then full steam ahead

1 Like