Heli spins in Alt Hold and Loiter

Hi,

After building several quads (on MultiWii, Mega Pirate and ArduCopter), I have converted my Blade 400 to an ArduCopter heli. I have done the PID tuning according to the manual in Stab mode and finally got a reasonable stable flight.
But when I change to AltHolt or Loiter the heli starts to spin oncontrollaby. No more reaction to the yaw stick.

I have looked through al the parameters in the list, but I have no idea where to begin, any suggestions?

Best regards,

Piet Visser

@papapiet,
It would be best to post tlogs and/or data flash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@papapiet,
It would be best to post tlogs and/or data flash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]

Sorry, I am not familiar with the way the forum works. That is why I clicked on “accept answer”. But the issue is far from solved.

I have a number of log files and I have no idea which one was made during the flight in which the heli started to spin. As soon as I have access to the sports hall again I wil make a new log in which I change from Stab mode to Alt Hold and to Loiter to reproduce the spin.

That is extremely strange that it would fly right in Stab, but not in Alt Hold.

Have you managed to get a Log? Even the Param file might contain answers.

No logs yet.
I am waiting for replacement parts before I can give it another try.
But give me some time and I will produce the logs!!!

did you ever figure this out? having the same problem.

I have never solved the problem of my spinning heli and , after my heli crashed into the ceiling of the sportshall in the althold mode, I have abandoned trying to get an e-heli to fly on Ardupilot.
I hope you will have more success (or luck?)